[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Descartes didn't distinguish between humans and machines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: rene-descartes.jpg (82 KB, 710x706) Image search: [Google]
rene-descartes.jpg
82 KB, 710x706
Descartes didn't distinguish between humans and
machines or organic world and inorganic world.
When his daughter died at the age of five,
he found a doll that looked just like her.
He named her Francine and doted on her.
>>
God damn it, someone comment!
>>
is this supposed to be a poem or something? go fuck yourself dude
>>
>>7851267
La la la, can\t hear you
>>
>>7849973
nice ghost in the shell 2 quote there bateau.

no read one of descartes' books.
>>
>>7851300
*now
>>
>>7851300
Is that shit real tho is what i'm wondering.

I already read one book of his. Discourse on method or some shit that like that yo.
>>
>>7849973
Read Locus Solus by Raymond Roussel. Also, read Death, Desire, and the Doll: The Life and Art of Hans Bellmer by Peter Webb.
>>
>>7851316
cool man. article on it here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/25/books/chapters/0825-1st-wood.html?pagewanted=all
>>
>>7851318
I tried reading Locus Solus but my english wasn't up to it. Do you have a pdf of the Bellmer one. I'm super into him.
>>
>>7851324
Thanks!
>>
>>7851318
Have you read the Sue Taylor one btw? Is it any good?
>>
>>7851353
haven't read that one, no. so i can't comment on it.
>>
>>7851365
Haven't seen a single work of Bellmer I didn't absolutely adore.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.