[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any advice on getting into writing? It's been hard for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 1400467607102.gif (2 MB, 235x180) Image search: [Google]
1400467607102.gif
2 MB, 235x180
Any advice on getting into writing?

It's been hard for me to write about any character that isn't myself or like me, or to not write in first person view.

I don't know, I got a dream journal and when I'm describing a vivid dream I have no problems.
>>
File: 1445877097192.jpg (34 KB, 420x512) Image search: [Google]
1445877097192.jpg
34 KB, 420x512
>>7849486

I literally just finished writing a book last week. Let me ask this: why you want to get into writing?
I have nothing to do, so if you want you can ask something, but I'm Italian so keep that in mind.
>>
>>7849486

Those are the classic symptoms of autism anon, I am so sorry.

My advice is if you are writing, always start from the characters up.

Never use retarded shit for dialogue like: "You're a big guy." He objected, assuredly.

It makes people cringe when people use big words and pointless adverbs to describe dialogue. I am sure you read enough books to know the difference between good dialogue and bad dialogue but if you don't just do your research before you make any reader want to blow their brains out.

When you are writing, always ask yourself what your story is about. Not what's happening, but what it's about. Always have your theme in mind as you are writing, because otherwise you are just writing garbage that belongs in the trash. What's the point of the story?

Always be aware of all the human senses when describing details of a scene, most people just use sight. If you are a good and creative writer you can bring all senses into the description with just a few clever sentences.

that's all I got.
>>
>>7849486
You read more you fucking dip
>>
>>7849486
How do you plan on writing characters of any depth if you can't wrap your head around something as basic as a shift in perspective? Unless of course you plan to write an anime about clones of yourself, in which case go right ahead.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.