[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any books about Christianity (either explicit or implicit)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: John the apostle.jpg (230 KB, 753x999) Image search: [Google]
John the apostle.jpg
230 KB, 753x999
Are there any books about Christianity (either explicit or implicit) that are set in space or in the future?
>>
The Sparrow
The Book Of Strange New Things

are both featuring interplanetary missionaries
>>
A canticle for Leibowitz

It's about monks in the desert after a nuclear war.
>>
>>7849397
Read this OP. It's a very good book. However, you need to know Catholic doctrine to fully appreciate it.
>>
>>7849346
C.S. Lewis's Space Trilogy
>>
Dune
>>
>>7849346
Book of the New Sun (kind of)
A Canticle For Liebowitz
Maybe something by John C.Wright?
>>
Neuromancer has space rastas.
>>
>>7849412
What part of Catholic doctrine do you need to know? I'm asking because I'm Catholic (also not a believer and not raised by believers) so I'm not always aware of those things.
>>
>>7849581
So you aren't Catholic?
>>
File: 2016-03-25_1423.png (316 KB, 434x647) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-25_1423.png
316 KB, 434x647
>>7849346
>in the future?

depends how far in the future you mean

there is a whole fucking stupid industry of cringey rapture novels like pic related. since the rapture hasn't happened, they are de facto set in the future (even those that actually occur on dates which are now in the past)

remember everyone, it could happen at any moment! no really, it could!
>>
>>7849589
On my ID I am. And I went through most of the rituals.
>>
>>7850044
what kind of ID requires you to list the sect you belong to?
>>
A lot of Philip K. Dicks books have very strong religious themes
I personally recomend the three stigmata of palmer eldritch
>>
>>7850087
dogtags
>>
Speaker for the Dead is set in a Catholic colony on a planet (but it's the third book in a series)
Hyperion has a priest
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.