[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I don't read fiction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Tru7h_in_a_Fedora_by_HLTru7h.png (433 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Tru7h_in_a_Fedora_by_HLTru7h.png
433 KB, 800x533
>I don't read fiction
>>
>>7849142
>just had a thread with a similar picture saying the opposite.
Dam it, /lit/ which is it?
>>
I can't fathom the mindset of anyone who saves images like that. Do you just save them when you see them or go out and look for them when you have the urge to make another generic thread? Are you fishing for angry responses from people who don't read fiction?
>>
>>7849160
it's him in the pic; he's fresh from reddit
>>
literary fiction is the only type worth reading. At least it has value compared to genre fiction.
>>
>>7849179
what is the actual difference though?
>>
>>7849160
>>7849167
This pic is used by a fairly popular youtube personality vvvortic
>>
>>7849142
You got us OP! Too many people mock fiction here
>>
>>7849182
Literary fiction is more serious and can offer social/political commentary along with complex emotions with a more styled, elegant prose. Genre fiction is designed for mass appeal along with a prose that's for achieving exactly that. Focuses more on plot and solely entertainment instead of any big questions. Literary fiction simply has merit and can stand the test of time.
>>
>>7849243
*tips*
>>
>>7849243
>social/political commentary

So can fantasy and sci-fi

>reading for propaganda instead of aesthetics

You're just as bad as the genreplebs, to be blunt
>>
>>7849315
>>reading for propaganda instead of aesthetics
This desu
>>
>>7849315
Waste of time
>>
>>7849315
>So can fantasy and sci-fi
Yes, both of them can be literary fiction. Can be, but aren't usually.
>>
>>7849182
Anything that has an obsession with the innovation of the art is literary enough for me tbqh
>>
File: loail.png (169 KB, 234x270) Image search: [Google]
loail.png
169 KB, 234x270
I only read what /lit/ tells me. It isn't fun and I've attempted suicide several times already but at least I know I'm accepted by a community.
>>
>>7849356
that's the way anon

at least you're better than genre fiction readers
>>
>>7849356
You are a piece of shit. Go and kill yourself
>>
File: 1458323481339.png (281 KB, 495x597) Image search: [Google]
1458323481339.png
281 KB, 495x597
>holy
>roman
>empire
>>
File: 1430689478169.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1430689478169.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>7849142
>mfw that's me
>>
>>7849142
>reading books for stories and drama
I really hope none of you faggots indulge in this
>>
I don't see a problem even with genre fiction. Sure, it's masturbatory in nature -- fairly entertaining while being read, with little lasting impact, but what's wrong with enjoying a bit of frivolous fun? Breaking up heavier texts with something lighter keeps it fun.
>>
>>7852659
i think /lit/ takes issue with the

>reading for fun
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.