[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>God is dead >tfw I fell for the /lit/ meme >tfw you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 880.jpg (48 KB, 474x528) Image search: [Google]
880.jpg
48 KB, 474x528
>God is dead
>tfw I fell for the /lit/ meme
>tfw you read the full quote and realize how it is constantly taken out of context and does not actually go against the notion of God existing
>tfw he actually makes sense
>>
remember when /lit/ was spammed with that pic
>>
>>7848605
yes, but there are worse misinterpretations.

God is dead, God is dying... God is a principle of death, of nihilism. God is anti-life.
That's what he meant, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>7848605
>>7849066

It goes against the notion of God existing, you're just retard kids overinterpreting.
>>
>>7848605
Of course god exists, in the minds of men. Or it did exist, but we killed it when we stopped believing in it. No one in the west, not even Christcucks, believes god is the sole source of moral authority anymore. They front like they do but the various children of god (nationalism, patriotism, humanitarianism, secularism, ect) have usurped him as providers of values.

To Nietzsche, god is 'real', but real in the same sense that anything is real, it's all a lie so old we've forgotten it was a lie. In the postmodern verbiage it's a social construction. Nietzsche was generally opposed to Christianity and the Christian conception of god, but he was indeed more than a little frightened at the prospect of it vanishing from our consciousness because it has been the way that men have dealt with the problem of nihilism for generation upon generation.
>>
File: ok.gif~c200.gif~c200.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ok.gif~c200.gif~c200.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>7849990
ugh
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.