[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright boys get your tin foil hats out, it's time for theories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 220px-Booknewsun[1].jpg (15 KB, 220x331) Image search: [Google]
220px-Booknewsun[1].jpg
15 KB, 220x331
Alright boys get your tin foil hats out, it's time for theories about the series. I'll start

>Severian died when he was fighting with Vodalus
>Dr. Thalos gives him the same coin that Vodalus gives him
>the coin is fake
When you go back to the first book and read what he says about symbols he says that all symbols are lies and we merely accept the precepts of reality and continue forward.
>The coin is a metaphor for the lie that we accept and proceed with the story
From there we continue the story as is, it could be a line or it could not be, time is supposed to be viewed as a sea.
The key to the story and its meaning is that there is a sea of outcomes that the reader doesn't grasp, to be perfect and memory and an unreliable narrator, how is that possible? Severian is a vehicle to represent the possibilities of time and the infinite, all are equally remember-able, but what is true is a matter of faith.
>>
spoiler this
>>
>>7848199
please tell me how, i don't know
>>
>>7848191
bump
>>
>>7848204
https://www.4chan.org/faq#spoiler

>being so imconpetended
>>
>>7848191
>Severian died when he was fighting with Vodalus
That's pretty much common belief

I think Agia and Agilus are extra-terrestrials, if not hieros themselves. Hethor was a sailor and is infatuated with Agia. Agia gave Sev the Claw to begin with, and her pursuit of him made sure he was always heading north. Severian remarks in their shop how Agilus has mask strings behind his ears even after he took the mask off, much like how the Hierodules wore (at least) two masks.
>>
>>7848308
Did Severian also kill Dusseldorf?
>>
>>7848308
I really like this one
>>
>>7848308
>>7848334
Also sorry I wasn't aware it was common, I'm coming out with my first looks at it, any thoughts on what I said?
>>
>>7848191
reddit general?
>>
>>7848371
shitposting general?
>>
>>7848368
You're certainly on the right path as BOTNS is dense with symbolism, even just with small things like the coin
>>
>>7848377
true, fantasy and genre fiction posting is shitposting by default
>>
>>7848545
>bait
>>
>>7848371
>>7848545
Stop being so insecure and just hide the thread, and let them have their discussion. It's not that hard. You're acting like a fucking child and nobody's impressed. No one is hurt by some people discussing Gene Wolfe, so kill yourself and move on.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.