[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Nietzsches critique of Christianity outdated since 20th-century
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (161 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
161 KB, 900x600
Is Nietzsches critique of Christianity outdated since 20th-century Christianity moved away from a life-denying other-wordly emphasis towards a more decadent wordly ethic?
>>
>>7847835
>>>/his/
>>
>>7847835
>20th-century Christianity moved away from a life-denying other-wordly emphasis towards a more decadent wordly ethic

Not true. Yes, there has been a rise in what's called Prosperity Theology (aka Name It & Claim It, or Blab It & Grab It), Christianity hasn't made this move. Christianity in fact cannot make this move:

Then Jesus said His to disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me."
--Matthew 16:24
>>
>>7847835
Yes. Modern day ethics preach the lie of hedonism in which numerous pleasures end up making life poor as a result since there's not "one" strong pleasurable experience. I think Nietzsche critized hedonists though as being decadent animals living meaningless lifes though. I think he would've denied it as leading to a society of weaklings and herd-walkers instead of strong individualists, However the criticism of christianity is still valid inasmuch as there are still fucktards practicing the religion, and inasmuch as the fact that Nietzsche criticized religion more from an ethical standpoint, and this ethos is manifested specially in the modern taste for democratic governments, equality, and SJW.
>>
>>7847835
>protestantism
>>
>>7847865
>americans
>>
>>7847868
germs are responsible for protestantism like all other diseases
>>
Whenever I see that fucker's face there's a brief moment where I think it's Tim Allen.
>>
>>7847877
Considering Marx this is actually true
>>
>>7847835
Western Christianity died in the 19th century
>>
>>7847856
>Then Jesus said His to disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me."

if anyone desires to come after me AS A PROPHET obviously. not as a christian u god damn idiot, and it always shows why Mohammed ain't shit, since he was a rich son of a bitch who liked to fuck young sluts and chop up his enemies
>>
as usual some degenerate catholic pagans want to tell christians how to be christian...making money is not "hedonism". Rich protestants are a hell of a lot less hedonistic than all the Catholic criminals and addicts i see hanging around looking for a handout after they blew their welfare check on booze
>>
>>7847990
>compares a ethically neutral group of people with a clearly very twisted one to prove his point

Go back to /his/
>>
>>7847978
> it always shows why Mohammed ain't shit, since he was a rich son of a bitch who liked to fuck young sluts and chop up his enemies

that sounds like the behaviors of a damn good prophet to me. Maybe islam really IS the way to truth
>>
>>7848014
well if u think violent dictators with huge sexual appetites are prophets to follow check out stalin and mao
>>
>>7847999
you were trying to say hard work and industriousness are "hedonism", that is a very sick world view my pagan friend
>>
>>7847978
>if anyone desires to come after me AS A PROPHET obviously. not as a christian u god damn idiot

"[Jesus said, ] 'And anyone who does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.'"
--Mt 10:38
>>
>>7848032
so what does this have to do with lazy catholics and prosperous protestants? sounds to me like the lazy catholics sitting around waiting for a handout (and an islamic take over of europe) aren't taking up any crosses
>>
>>7848055
That's some of the worst cherrypicking I've seen.
>>
>>7848067
why don't you just convert to christianity instead of pretending to be christian in that old roman pedo outfit
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.