[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A team of researchers did a scan of Shakespeare's tomb,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 9226757_orig.jpg (129 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
9226757_orig.jpg
129 KB, 550x412
A team of researchers did a scan of Shakespeare's tomb, and the program will be presented soon, on this date and channel:

>Saturday, 26 March at 8pm, Channel 4

I am Brazilian and do not have acess to this channel, so I ask of the brit posters: can one of you save the program and post the link on /lit/ for the rest of us to see it?

You will find all the info you need here:

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/secret-history-shakespeares-tomb

To the ones interested, the key findings (some of them) are these:

Key findings:
There is evidence of a mysterious and significant repair to the head end of William Shakespeare's grave, leading to Kevin Colls' theory that this localised repair was needed to correct a sinking of the floor possibly caused by a previous disturbance to the grave.
Kevin Colls believes these findings give new credence to a story published in The Argosy magazine in 1879, hitherto dismissed as fiction, which claimed that Shakespeare's skull was stolen from his shallow grave by trophy hunters in 1794.
The GPR survey found that William Shakespeare, his wife Anne Hathaway and other members of the family whose ledger (grave) stones lie beside his, were not buried in a large family vault deep underground, as has long been thought, but in shallow graves beneath the church floor. William Shakespeare's and Anne Hathaway's graves are less than a metre deep.
William Shakespeare's grave was found to be significantly longer than his short stone – extending west towards the head end, making it the same size as, and in line with, the other family graves. (Anne's grave is also longer than her stone suggests.)
The GPR also found no evidence of metal in the area of the grave, such as coffin nails. This suggests Shakespeare and his family were not buried in coffins but simply wrapped in winding sheets, or shrouds, and buried in soil.
>>
File: 1443744977764.jpg (101 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1443744977764.jpg
101 KB, 800x800
>>7847718
>>
You already know the key findings, why do you need to watch the program?
>>
>>7847718
I love Anne Hathaway's acting career. She's really moved on up!
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.