[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you finally write a book and you begin editing it, cutting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: meemfrog.jpg (10 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
meemfrog.jpg
10 KB, 234x250
>tfw you finally write a book and you begin editing it, cutting out all that fat and shitty writing, making it better and better
feels so good
>>
>>7847365
Nice, I like this feel too
>>
Noob question: Is it better to edit it after you write it completely or to edit it as you go, chapter per chapter?
>>
Editing is like going on a cut after a bulk. It's painful and you are always in a bad mood, but the beauty in all that work you did starts to emerge and it's amazing.
>>
>>7848578
write it out so you can't scrap it as easily
>>
>>7848578
i prefer chapter by chapter but a final edit after everything's done is also necessary with this method.
>>
>tfw you write something and try to edit it but all you're doing is changing a few words around and it feels like you're not really doing enough
how do you do it
>>
File: not too crazy anymore.jpg (17 KB, 346x473) Image search: [Google]
not too crazy anymore.jpg
17 KB, 346x473
>tfw cant write for shit in the first place
>ask /lit/ for advice but my threads 404 w/o a single reply
>>
>>7848578
Depends on how you learn to write.
Americans tend to learn to just write write write and then edit.
The British will usually edit chapter to chapter.
>>
>>7848699
that might very well mean that it's at least not offensively bad
>>
>>7848699
alright, i'll bite. what do you want to know?
>>
>>7849150
doubt you'll see this now but oh well.
I just want to know what others do to discipline themselves to write.
>>
>>7850379
i'm still here. i use a program called Freedom by 80 Percent that turns off your internet for a set amount of time. changing location by going to write at the libary helps me and so does setting a regular time to write. delaying rewards like "i can play sky force after i've written."
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.