[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some /lit/-approved comic books?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Robert_Crumb_2010.jpg (423 KB, 1024x994) Image search: [Google]
Robert_Crumb_2010.jpg
423 KB, 1024x994
What are some /lit/-approved comic books?
>>
>>>/co/
>>
None

>>7847253
>>
fuck outta here
>>
>>7847249
>What are some /lit/-approved
just don't
>>
>>7847249
See >>7847253
and >>7847301
>>
None at all. I think there is a comic board you might find more answers on
>>
>>7847249

The Watchmen is really good but go to /co/
>>
>>7847249
Comics are an extremely undervalued art form. Check out Scott McCloud's "Understanding Comics." You'll be blown away by all of the nuances specific to the comic book form, and none else.

As far as great comics. Someone already said Watchmen. Anders Nilsen is amazing (check out Big Questions, or Dogs and Water). Transmetropolitan. Even V for Vedetta is pretty great.
>>
daniel clowes is more /lit/ than some of you litfags
>>
>>7847364
/co is full of Marvel and Dc plebs
>>
I really liked Maus. Though I get the feeling that it's a bit of a reddit-opinion.
>>
File: weathercraft4.jpg (389 KB, 481x702) Image search: [Google]
weathercraft4.jpg
389 KB, 481x702
Frank is my favourite, it's something that can really only be done in the sequential art format and the art is stunning, check out Weathercraft, you will not be disappointed. Also you can't go wrong with just about any Daniel clowes but my favorite is 20th century 8-ball. Basically all the best stuff from his first single issue comics and he was never as funny as he was then.

Cat city is really dope as well, I don't remember who does it be he has a way of completely building this world that is so dense with its own pop culture and customs that you kind of get sucked in.

I don't know if any of those are /lit/ approved but their me approved
>>
>>7847379
Big questions is what got me into graphic novels, I kept seeing this massive tome at the comic shop and just decided fuck it I have to have this. I don't even want to think about how much I've spent on graphic novels since then.
>>
>>7847425
It's pretty incredible.
>>
>>7847249
i dont know about /lit approved

here are some /me/ approved comics:

black hole
100 bullets
le combat ordinaire
calvin & hobbes
blankets
habibi
notre seul ammi commun
Maus
some of lewis trondheims work
Isaac
Pjöngjang by Guy Desile
>>
>>7847395
probably because there are no good comics
>>
>>7847466
dude

stop meming around and accept that a medium can rise from its shitty beginnings
>>
>>7847465
reddit opinions
>>
>>7847476
you have not read more than 2 titles from this list
>>
>>7847472
but it hasn't
>>
>>7847479
see this -> >>7847477
>>
Why won't /co/ leave?
>>
>>7847477
>>7847486
because its reddit manchild trash
>>
>>7847499
i am not /co/
i have been on /co for 2 minutes, only seeing Marvel/Dc shit and left never to return

its just sad to see that some of you are to biased to try out some really great works of art.

i mean, just look at this guy:>>7847501
he says comics are all shit
i say that there are some good ones
i tell him to at least read some of them and then form an opinion
>>
File: Gustave_Doré_-_Gargantua.jpg (119 KB, 620x768) Image search: [Google]
Gustave_Doré_-_Gargantua.jpg
119 KB, 620x768
>>7847249
the only comic book approved by /lit/ is gargantua and pantagruel

and even it is not really a comic book
>>
>>7847507
Well that's fine but I just it hate when people try to elevate what they're into something greater like retards who say rap is poetry when they've never read a poem in their spare time.
>>
>>7847517
It's done straight too, no irony at all
>>
>>7847552
i am very well read, believe me
i just also really like some comics and cant stand it when people are still in that "comics are for retarded sociopaths" line of thought
>>
>>7847249
Sandman is alright, this is my opinion though.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.