[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/ sci-fi/space opera fan here. I just finished reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: Neal asher.png (375 KB, 306x477) Image search: [Google]
Neal asher.png
375 KB, 306x477
Hey /lit/ sci-fi/space opera fan here. I just finished reading The Owner trilogy by Neal Asher and I really enjoyed it. Do you know of any other books that have that same feel to them? I've read most of Neal Asher's other stuff and enjoyed it too, but the Owner is slightly different. More of a rise to power series. Any recommendations?
>>
I haven't read your book, but the first English translation of the Legend Of The Galactic Heroes novels was released this month after about 30 years (pic related), I'm about 50% in and it's a lot about the "rise to power" of two opposing commanders in two competing galactic empires, maybe that'll fit?
>>
>>7845658
Synopsis sounds pretty cool, I'll check that out, thanks. Any western literature?
>>
>>7845669
>>7845647
what is that "feel" you're looking for?
>>
>>7846305
Sorry, I passed out last night. Have you read the owner? The main character takes on a planetary government using only the neuro implant in his brain and his own ingenuity. The "feel" is that sense of "Holy shit this guy is a badass" I guess.
>>
File: Starswarm.jpg (17 KB, 220x320) Image search: [Google]
Starswarm.jpg
17 KB, 220x320
>>7847048
>The main character takes on a planetary government using only the neuro implant in his brain and his own ingenuity
This sounds vaguely similar to the plot of Starswarm.
>>
>>7847124
I don't recall much in the way of badassery though.
>>
>>7847124
>>7847128
Badassery is definitely required, but I'll take a look at Starswarm if you think it's a good book.
>>
>>7849070
I would put it at the "okay" level.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.