[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone read this? Getting so hyped for LP9 that it's spilling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 278x392) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 278x392
Anyone read this? Getting so hyped for LP9 that it's spilling into my reading log. What did you think of it? It reminds me a lot about a New Yorker article I read a few months ago, the best one I ever read, about Tyrone Hayes taking on Syngenta i/r/t the dangers of the pesticide atrazine and being crushed in terms of academic credibility by the multinational corporation. If you guys haven't read it, you should google it.
>>
i liked it well enough and enjoy studying Western conceptions of wilderness, so it's worthwhile as part of that world.

it does get boring though, she rehashes that chemicals can spread from one medium to another in every chapter.
>if they get in the soil they can get in the water and into animals! if they get into the sky they get into clouds and get into rain and into animals! if they get into this body of water they can get into that body of water!

it's tiresome
>>
I remember finding a website with a death counter numbering how many people across the world have died as an indirect result of Rachel Carson's book. I can't remember where I saw it but it made me laugh due to the irony of the whole thing.
>>
>>7845628
more would have died if it weren't for the book due to ecological collapse
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.