[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writers, do you fuck around with philosophy/anthropology/sociology/b
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Writers, do you fuck around with philosophy/anthropology/sociology/biology/astrology, or do you just tell a cool story just because it's cool?

If you do the first, I wanna hear who you read when you write (Nietzsche? Benjamin? Derrida, et cetera).
>>
I don't fully understand the question
>>
I just tell cool stories for cool people.

*puts on sunglasses*

8)
>>
>>7845313
Evolutionary biology and Nietzsche are pretty big influences on what I am writing right. Maybe also the anxiety of influence.

You make it sound like the choice is to integrate the stuff into your work because you have some axe to grind or you just write because the story because it seems fun. I write about these things because they are fun and interesting to me and are "cool".
>>
>>7845340
Preach it bro.
>>
>>7845344
Nah, I didn't mean to phrase it as a choice.
Bukowski's a fine example of powerful writing without philosophy. Or else his was a peculiar philosophy.

OP could've done without the second half of the question.
Oh well. So begin the karmic connections.
>>
>>7845331
I will rephrase.

Are there disciplines that influence your writing?

(I always sound less prick-like after editing).
>>
idk if you're looking for creative writers or what, but i'm a deeeeeep academic with a derrida focus, and i really feel that people who write him off just don't understand him. really, really important development in western phil. hard to ignore, when you deal with him on his own terms.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.