[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is lolita worth reading? I have heard some good things about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 432x648) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20 KB, 432x648
Is lolita worth reading? I have heard some good things about it, but most have come from friends with shitty taste. Other friends with good taste have also recommended it to me, so who is right?
>>
Bait? Reddit? I don't get it.
>>
>>7844945
I'm starting to read more intensely this year as a new years resolution. I figured you guys know your shit, but if not, then I can find out in other places.
>>
It's good as fuck OP. Read the first chapter and you'll be hooked. Pic fucking related.

Also
>calling someone's taste shitty
>hasn't read Lolita
>>
File: 4L_HSvIdxKI.png (127 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
4L_HSvIdxKI.png
127 KB, 500x350
>>7845214
Oops forgot pic
>>
File: 1453069258929.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1453069258929.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
this is the literary form of Sia 'Chandelier' video which most dumb plebs call 'art' when it's actually just a soft-core smut fest for aspiring and closet pedophiles

Rape victims like it because it appeals to their secret enjoyment of being 'raped' whether they truly understand it or not .

f'n gross m8 yall f'd up
>>
>>7844937
>friends with bad taste recommend it
>friends with good taste recommend it
>which is right?
>>
>>7845217
Sounds fruity . Im going to skip it
>>
you have to read lolita. it's just one of those things. if you haven't read it, you're not 'well read.' that's just it. you have to read it. no choice.
>>
>>7844937
Shit off you fucking fuck cunt
>>
>>7845217
I didn't understand any of that
>>
>>7844937
No. Borges didn't read it.
>>
>>7846958
remember it but change "Lolita" for the name of the girl you want to fuck and recite it to her.

It always works.
>>
>>7845217

Kind of poetic. I enjoy Nabokov's translation of "A Hero of Our Time" by Lermontov, and I just ordered "Eugene Onegin."
>>
>>7846980
stop with this paranoid shit
>>
Yes. It's well-regarded for a reason.

The pretty prose is the focus but it's an engaging read even if you don't give a shit about that, I don't understand how anyone can call it boring like so many do.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.