[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gentlemen I have a question: money means power? please if they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 4848.png (350 KB, 775x581) Image search: [Google]
4848.png
350 KB, 775x581
gentlemen I have a question: money means power? please if they have an opinion about it or can show me books that can help me clarify my question I would be released very grateful.
>>
*releases dick*
>>
ayn rand
>>
*releases dick*
>>
just read up on Caesar and Crassus
then read up on Lenin and Stalin
compare and contrast
>>
Define power.

*releases dick*
>>
Money leads to power in a capitalist society. Spending it is considered an act of free speech.
>>
>>7844794
Have you noticed how near the s letter is the letter d on the keyboard?
>>
>>7844786
Fountainbed
>>
>>7844821
I will, thank you.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITgKLIWs5xY
>>
>>7844786
Money is key to power, but if you don't know how and when spend those, you won't get power.
>>
>>7844830
I define power as autonomy, do not have the need to ask permission or having to subject myself, if gentlemen accept my definition of power as valid, then I throw a second question: the pursuit of power is valid? or is it just an empty search?
>>
>>7844911
>then I throw a second question: the pursuit of >power is valid? or is it just an empty search?

I suppose it depends upon why you want power.
If you just want the trappings of power for your ego or comfort or luxury, then yes it's an empty pursuit. But if you want to use that power for the greater good AND if you have the wisdom and ability to use that power to further the greater good, then yes it is a worthy pursuit. But most people overestimate their ability to use power for good effectively and usually make things worse. That's why the ones who do so effectively are celebrated when they ever so rarely emerge.
>>
>>7844985
Ok, mas esse bem maior, o que é? fazer algo de bom para a maioria da população? mesmo se isso significasse prejudicar; talvez sacrificar parte dessa populaçao mesmo assim seria válido?
>>
Ok,Last question: happiness or (the power supply autonomy) autonomy?
>>
Thank gentleman for participating in this discussion, I know I opened it but Now I gotta abstain, I wish a good night to all
>>
*releases dick*
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.