[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me remember a title of a book on suicide...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160320_144430.jpg (2 MB, 1944x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160320_144430.jpg
2 MB, 1944x1944
It was written and self published via PDF online by some college aged guy who basically wrote it as a treatise on why he killed himself. Went in many directions (I remember it had a chapter on Gaul invaders or something similar), but I remember it was ranked fairly well on goodreads. Most reviews claimed that he was too smart to have killed himself.

Any ideas? Please help.
>>
>>7844456
>too smart to have killed himself.
this is not how it works
>>
Mitchell Heisman my nigga
>>
>>7844506
Yup

Interesting shite
>>
>>7844506
My man!!!!
>>
started reading just now.

>mfw amazon tries to sell you a pdf of his book

i am not very good with philosophy, i can follow his writing with ease for now, but it will get harder for sure and i dont want to invest my week into this if its shit.
so i have to ask one of you guys if his stuff is in any way relevant or to be taken seriously or if he was just typing like a crazy man.
>>
>>7844590
It's an interesting document but he does talk about a great number of topics, including like you said Roman history and so on. It's all meant to justify suicide I guess and if you think his arguments make sense and his writing style is neat then I don't see why you shouldn't keep reading and form your own opinion.

Protip: nobody on /lit/, including myself, has read it and to be honest I doubt anybody has anywhere including his parents
>>
File: neil.jpg (11 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
neil.jpg
11 KB, 277x182
>>7844597
thanks!

i shall be the first!
>>
>>7844456
>into the wild?
>>
>>7844601
I appreciate your enthusiasm and wish you well.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.