[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to start reading more 'literary' books. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: boat.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
boat.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
I want to start reading more 'literary' books. What is a good way to ease myself into it?
>>
Start with the Greeks
>>
Start with the classics
>>
>>7844084
Start with Ulysses and devolve back to the greeks
>>
Just start picking books with literary merit and start reading. Most literature is pretty accessible to anyone who just picks it up.

check out some of our charts and start looking up books you find interesting
>>
honestly just skip the greeks, your not really missing anything. Marcus Aurelias is the only greek worth reading
>>
i dunno go pick a book from a bookstore you like the sound of, from the classics section
>>
>>7844102
this. pretend the Greeks were released in 2016 and was the great culminating work of the west alluding to almost every great previous work
>>
Start with classic short stories. You can explore a good breadth of literature without much investment time-wise. If you like an author or part of the literature, read more of it and go from there.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.