[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infinite jest music suggestions? Alt-j feels really right to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 487x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 487x750
Infinite jest music suggestions?

Alt-j feels really right to listen to when I'm reading IJ but they've only got two albums out
>>
>>7843865
>he can't read ij in sub two hours

>>>/pleb/
>>
>>7843875
even if you read a page a minute, which you'd have to be fucking speedy gonzales to do given the font size and the size of the pages, it would still take 16 hours
>>
>>7843875
Wallace forgive me.

Also, Neutral Milk Hotel, in case other people are looking for suggestions
>>
>>7843865
Dude if you like Alt-J you should just keep reading John Green ayyyyy

Read in as quiet a place as possible.
>>
File: dfw8.png (497 KB, 486x554) Image search: [Google]
dfw8.png
497 KB, 486x554
>>7843865
>Alt-j
>>
>>7843924
Yes because alt-j is so popular with teenaged girls

Your thinking of the Wombats, anon
>>
>>7843940
you've recced Neutral Milk Hotel and Alt-J. Your posts reek of "I've been on /mu/ for 10 minutes"
>>
>>7843940
Ok, I don't give a hoot about whatever the NME has shilled whenever. But why listen to music while reading anyway? Shit is majorly distracting.
>>
>>7843949
I don't browse /mu/, buddy. 4chan is the last place I would go for general music suggestions
>>
>>7843865
>image.jpg
>irritating Infinite Jest FAN ART
>listening to music while reading
>listening to Alt-j at all
I really want to kickpunch your throat. I know that's not a normal emotional reaction to such an innocuous post, I know your post is just an abstract representation of a person whom I will never interact with in real life, I know that you're probably just some dumb teenager who wandered in from /mu/, I know it's not necessarily your fault that your such a superficial, irritating, and tasteless little swine, but I still feel this overwhelming desire to physically hurt you. What gives? I am autistic or something? Probably. Anyways, please kill yourself OP, it would be of great relief to me.
>>
>>7843960
Eh sometimes listening to music keeps me from getting distracted. Also one of my roomates is talking to her boyfriend, and I would rather listen to nails on a blackboard than hear his voice
>>
>>7843977
Too long, didn't read. Why did you even waste your time writing that.
>>
>>7843940
Alt-j is popular with teenage girls.
>>
>>7843964
so where do you go for music recommendations? You seem to have some pretty reddit taste.
>>
>>7843999
My friends/Pandora, like a normal person
>>
>>7844014
>My friends/Pandora, like a pleb
FTFY
>>
>>7843964
Good choice. /mu/ is just a hipster breeding ground
>>
>>7843917
Ewww go home hipster, this board listens to classical
>>
>>7843977
>I know
>probably
>>
>>7844034
I play classical saxophone in a wind ensemble, it can be pretty distracting or I get sick of it
>>
>>7843940
>alt-j is so popular with teenaged girls

bahaha
it is
>>
>>7843977
>no image reply
>criricizing Infinite Jest FAN ART
>enjoying silence
>judging musical tastes
I really want to licksuck your cock. I know that's not a normal emotional reaction to such an offensive post, I know your post is just an concrete representation of a person whom I will never interact with in real life, I know that you're probably just some smart adult who wandered in from /hm/, I know it's not necessarily your fault that your such a deep, good-humored, and refined patrician but I still feel this overwhelming desire to physically please you. What gives? I am hedonistic or something? Probably. Anyways, please self-satisfy yourself OP, it would be of great torture to me.
>>
The Infinite Jest audiobook
>>
>>7843964

this is the equivalent of a john green fan saying /lit/ is the last place they'd go for book suggestions
>>
>>7843865
jesus christ alt-j? 15 year olds really have started picking up IJ more and more everyday
>>
>>7843940
alt-j is the music that the least interesting teenage girls listen to, thinking that they're apart of a new counter-culture
>>
>>7844249
Because autistic 17 year olds have such great taste and are Objectively Superior at choosing subjective art
>>
>>7844331
>>7844334
So are you going to suggest anything or are you only capable of whining? No wonder /lit/ is dying.
>>
>>7844538
I suggest you don't listen to music while reading, I used to do this because I thought it would make things more meaningful or what not but it didn't, if you can't focus while reading then you probably just like the idea of reading instead of reading.
>>
>>7844613
INSTRUMENTALS YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>7844249
We actually have good taste though. In both music and books because its not an obscurity contest like it is on mu
>>
>>7844538
Ravel, Schumann, Rachmaninoff, Shostakovich

Just to name some that blows /mu/s hipster shit out of the water
>>
>>7844613
Some guy on /lit/ told me listening to music while reading makes me a poser so I'm gonna stop listening to music while I read
>>
>>7843940
That fits though. DFW said he had the music taste of a teen girl.
>>
>>7844666
This. Shostakovich is my favorite. Messiaen is good too.
>>
File: American_football_band_lp_cover.png (109 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
American_football_band_lp_cover.png
109 KB, 316x316
Champaign-Urbana was pumping out some great stuff in the late 90s
>>
>>7844637
Yeah I would listen to GY!BE until I realized I became a caricature of myself, honestly reading outside not near anything or late at night in silence are the best places for me
>>
File: pixies2.png (757 KB, 822x550) Image search: [Google]
pixies2.png
757 KB, 822x550
pixies
i
x
i
e
s
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 640x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 640x282
>>
>>7845417
p4k bnm: the music library
>>
>>7845389
if you dig it, look into more kinsella-core; joan of arc (try their first two albums and life like), cap'n jazz... also, maybe algernon cadwallader, and i personally love the brave little abacus... chicago native here. i really love our little brand of emo.
>>
>>7845422
dean blunt never got more than a 6.5 on p4k
>>
>>7844653
/mu/ is a pretty great mixture of pretending to enjoy Drone, ranking radiohead albums, and Scaruffi fanboys vs Fantano fanboys
>>
>>7845428
his latest got a 7.3
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 320x320
>>7845437
oh
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfC-emefR-8
Yeah maybe it's autistic or something but I listened to this almost nonstop when I read this last summer. It gets you into the DFW oeuvre like nothing else (in my opinion).
>>
>>7845422
P4k hate autechre
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4xp2lgiAjY

i bet dfw was into good vibes
>>
>>7844538

you listen to shit music, if you actually defend alt j and yourself your taste in literature is also most likely shitty and entry level.
>>
>>7845504
i hope so
>>7845481
I dig it
>>7845547
Why did you even post in this thread
>>
>>7845422

P4k ignored Rashad until he was dead tho
>>
>>7845425
>brave little abacus
amazing band.. is anything else they did as good as just got back from discomfort?
>>
>>7844653
Last time I checked my was all over kanyhe's dick.
>>
>>7845744

nah, he got a bnm on double cup while he was alive. they did pretty much ignore his earlier output.
>>
>>7845429
more like pretending to enjoy EAI and harsh noise
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.