[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, rate the first sentence of my new (approximately 600 page)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Victorian_Men.jpg (47 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Victorian_Men.jpg
47 KB, 400x300
Guys, rate the first sentence of my new (approximately 600 page) novel. I release one chapter at a time and get paid by the character.

>It would be remiss of me to abstain from explicating to you, dear reader, the vagaries of happenstance that propitiated the fortuitous currents of fate that led my G*d fearing soul to my current state of events.
>>
>>7843732
Is your narrator supposed to be a pompous try hard pseud?
>>
rather lovecraftian
>>
>>7843732
It's fedoric
>>
>>7843732
>G*d

chosen
>>
I grimaced. Who talks like that? And it's not even poetically artificial. It's just trash. Trash. Try again, without the thesaurus this time.
>>
>>7843732

This smells of De Quincey.
>>
>>7843757
Shit I thought this was a Dickens opening you were posting for irony, but it's actually original? Good God. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being so mean. It's... it's not that bad, Anon.
>>
>>7843732
if you can keep up this uppity sounding twat style for 600 pages,I will eat my hat.
>>
>>7843767

Wew lad, you should've seen the amount of furniture, building, and clothes research I did in order to have huge amounts of description. Reading my book will qualify you as an interior decorator
>>
File: dubliners.jpg (28 KB, 260x350) Image search: [Google]
dubliners.jpg
28 KB, 260x350
>>7843777
doesn't matter that you have tripliners,you shouldn't treat the reader as an inferior in this noble from of cooperation called reading.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.