[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The slav strikes again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1442977515509.png (110 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1442977515509.png
110 KB, 256x256
http://archive.is/kjjdE

more migrant talk
>>
i just realized he's saying space is the ultimate void and thus the ultimate void of subjectivity and hence the least conscious and thus most stupid thing that exists
>>
He is right about the turkish deal doe, it's no good
>>
>It is such silence that really helps our racist enemies in that it feeds the distrust of ordinary people—(“You see, they are not telling us the truth!”)—boosting the credibility of racist rumors and lies.
stopped there
>>
>>7842960
[ ] not triggered
[x] le ebin triggered
>>
This is the first piece I've actually read from zizek but he takes one of the most nuanced and well-thought-out stances on the crisis I've seen since it started

Before now I only knew slavoj as le shnuffling shniffing and sho on meme man but he seems to be a good writer
>>
>>7842960
He's right about that. I've been seeing this everywhere recently, people see that there is something off about the media's narrative, and do a massive swing to the right, because their minds work in such a way that 'if these people are lying then their enemies must be right'. That wouldn't happen if the media were being less biased.

This is a large part of Donald Trump's success as well. There should be a name for this in sociology, like the 'rubber band phenomenon' or something. Stretch reality too far and you end up slingshotting people into the opposite arena.
>>
File: Syria.png (1 MB, 748x749) Image search: [Google]
Syria.png
1 MB, 748x749
>>7843039

I agree with this, he is right on how to solve this.

The logical and best solution is to keep the refugees in camps in nearby countries and pressure all the countries trying to overthrow the Syrian government to stop, for the Syrian government to win and control the entire country again and then for all the refugees to return when the war is over while the world helps it rebuild.

The war is going to be over in a year or two anyway at this point and there is no point spending so much effort and money on helping the refugees integrate into western Europe and get jobs etc when the war will be over and they can go back.

In addition to the anti-Assad middle eastern countries all the neocons and interventionist neoliberals in the west are the main causers of the "refugee crisis" by destroying Libya and prolonging the war in Syria by helping the "rebels".
>>
>>7843086
If you wanna solve the problems in the middle east Russia and China need to stop poking their fingers there too.
>>
>>7842920
how could he not believe in space. thats dumb
>>
>>7843812

Russia and China have caused little to no trouble in the Middle East. Russia did the right thing by bombing Al-Qaeda "rebels" in Syria and by helping to preserve the legitimate government of Syria that the vast majority of the population supports. China doesn't do much at all in the Middle East except economic stuff like investment and trade.

Aside from the Israel-Palestine conflict almost all of the issues in the middle east are caused by western-planned militay intervention/regime change or by the Sunni states like Saudi Arabia funding Wahhabi terrorist groups.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.