[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw committed myself to living a virtuous Kantian life dictated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: Kantian_Feels.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Kantian_Feels.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>tfw committed myself to living a virtuous Kantian life dictated by the Categorical Imperative
>tfw see a qt girl on campus wearing a qt thin white summer dress
>tfw she smiles at me and subtly invites me to ask her out
>tfw begin walking over, excited to finally get a girlfriend
>inner voice asks "what would Kant do?"
>realize if I ask her out I'm tacitly encouraging every other guy to ask her out as a universal law of nature
>get intimidated by the prospect of all those other guys asking her out
>panic and walk past her pretending not to see her
>walk home crying
>>
>>7842425
>"what would X do?"
The worst kind of degenerate
>>
>get out of bed
>get in the shower
>shampoo hair
>floss
>brush teeth
>use conditioner
>body scrub
>shave
>rinse
>apply cologne
>apply anti-perspirant
>dress in favorite outfit
>gel hair
>comb hair
>take out bins
>sit in front of computer in silence for thirty minutes
>turn it on
>>
Pure ideology
>>
>>7842425
No, you're just encouraging every other guy to ask any other girl out. It's not just about her.
>>
>>7842433
the /lit/erary lifestyle desu.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 316x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 316x448
>tfw committed myself to living a libertine Sadean life dictated by materialist egoist hedonism
>tfw see an awkward boy on campus wearing a shitty graphic t-shirt
>tfw he looks hungrily at me and nonverbally begs for some recognition
>encourage him a bit watch him walk over, excited to trick a nerd for my own entertainment
>inner voice asks "what would Juliette do?"
>realize if he asks me out I'm going to make him spend as much money on me as possible and maybe let him eat me out without ever getting to fuck me
>>get giddy by the prospect of all those restaurant dates on which I'll play with his feelings and string him along
>he panic and walks past me pretending to look at something else
>walk home laughing and get hit on by seven other guys instead, don't have to pay for dinner this week
>>
>>7842503
shoo shoo red pill
>>
File: Fredrik Stek.jpg (54 KB, 515x342) Image search: [Google]
Fredrik Stek.jpg
54 KB, 515x342
>>7842433
>>gel hair
steak
>>
>be out
>at club, looking fresh, free, and fly
>talk to some random - albeit hot - club skank
>lay out an exegesis of Ulysses
>at this juncture the floor beneath us is literally soaked in vaginal fluids
>tells me she usually does not hook up with random dudes, but that I seemed like a special kind of guy
>feign interest in her because I need validation from attractive girls to feel a sense of self-worth
>she clearly wants the D
>begs me to go back to her place
>follow her
>kissing passionately in the hallway, open door, continue to bed
>she undresses and urges me to please fuck her
>notice poster hanging on wall by bed
>weird motif with text above saying: "bad ass"
>contemplate the wording because it seems a external or internal voice of conscience has stopped me and my erection in our tracks
>"bad ass"
>"COME ON ANON! WTF ARE YOU WAITING FOR?"
>[internal monologue] "bad ass ... bad ass.. hmm.. a mean bastard .. mean ass .. mean butt ... mean hine-end .. there's something here... mean end.. MEAN-END!"
>Kant's categorical imperative to never treat people as a means to an end surfaces and shuts off any desire to treat this poor girl as an indistinguishable masturbatory device for my crude fantasy and pleasure.
>tell her I'm sorry, but I have to go, apologize profusely
>hear her in her London-accent scream "CUNT" at me
>sounds exactly like "Kant"
>leave morally pure and spiritually intact
>>
>>7842549
It's been some time since I last read this pasta.
>>
>>7842549
I know that this is pasta, but I really hope that there's no one here who don't think that the truly moral thing to do here is to give this girl as much pleasure as possible.
>>
>>7842564
>being an instrument to someone else's pleasure

cuck
>>
>>7842425
i thought kant slept with some dudes wife?

i don't think kant would give a shit if you had talked to that girl
>>
>>7842564
>utilitarian
You already know what website you should go back to.
>>
>>7842565
>being afraid to commit yourself to anything so that you don't blemish your spooky notion of 'morals'
>>
>>7842586
>utilitarian

What's utilitarian about acting according to the situation? There is a girl, you're single, she's single, it's consensual, stop trying to '-ism' everything.
>>
>>7842591
>utilitarian
>talking about commitment and morality

kek
>>
>>7842598
>the truly moral thing to do here is to give this girl as much pleasure as possible
Yeah, nothing utilitarian about that.
>>
>>7842598
>just b urself

Go away casual
>>
File: 1455292158679.jpg (11 KB, 181x279) Image search: [Google]
1455292158679.jpg
11 KB, 181x279
>law
>>
>>7842606
Every moral law is utilitarian then, no one holds a concept absolutely but according to the situation present to him, like a soldier who, even though he knows killing is wrong would still shoot an enemy at a war because for him a different law (which temporarily annuls the first) comes into play: that of defending one's country. This is called being wise and thinking according to all universal relations any given situation has, a moral absolutist is a pedant who ruins everything for everyone.
>>
>>7842614
>who ruins everything for everyone

Like refusing the poor girl and orgasm.
>>
>>7842614
>Every moral law is utilitarian then
No it isn't you filthy BNW epsilon, not all morality has pleasure as its greatest concern.
>>
>>7842617
an*
>>
>>7842614
As I said, you already know where you should go back.
>>
>>7842617
>girl
>orgasm

>>>reddit
>>
>>7842624
>>7842623
>>7842618

Jesus, I expected a little more text comprehension from /lit/; you guy saw the theme of 'pleasure' popping up and immediately assumed 'utilitarianism', like an SJW who sees a white man and a black fighting and cries out 'racism' without comprehending anything.

On my approach the situation is king, but what is the 'situation'? The other, the girl, the country, the co-worker &c, you should know when to choose between and sometimes even give up your subjective perception of morals (which is not invalid per se, it's a necessary moment of knowledge of reality, but we should acknowledge its limitations) according to adequate needs of the matter in hand you find yourself in. There is no God, no demiurge anywhere that will give to you on a silver platter the knowledge that only comes to the individual that is in a particular situation.

Here's an example: if the girl above was passed out drunk, then the situationist approach would be to NOT fuck her because that's not what is best for her, regardless of how horny I am. It's a 'utilitarian', relative decision, but the most correct nonetheless. Giving her pleasure is accidental.
>>
>>7842425
you saved yourself an "ew, no. creep!" is all you did
>>
>>7842686
>I expected a little more text comprehension from /lit/
We all know who's truly stupid here then.
>>
>>7842503
>maybe let him eat me out without ever getting to fuck me
Jokes on you, I enjoy eating it more than you do and by the end of you'll be begging me to penetrate you anyway.
>>
>>7842425

philosophy, not even once
>>
>>7842565
According to my 100 years old recipe book that's the virtuous path for a woman.
>>
File: 1453017232270.jpg (62 KB, 640x702) Image search: [Google]
1453017232270.jpg
62 KB, 640x702
>>7842614
>"Every moral law is utilitarian then"
>implying every moral law is based on pleasure
>implying I'll go kill and rape puppies because it pleasures me
>>
File: 1458712026310 (1).png (34 KB, 852x674) Image search: [Google]
1458712026310 (1).png
34 KB, 852x674
>>7842425
>tfw committed myself to living a ideology-free Zizekian life dictated by actively pursuing a communist and dialetic relationship between myself as an empty subject and the big other.
>tfw see a qt girl on campus not wearing a plain piece of clothing.
>tfw she smiles at me and subtly invites me to ask her out
>tfw begin walking over, excited to finally get a chance to break the phantasm of her shirt.
>inner voice asks "what would Zizek do?"
>realize if I sniff and argue with her out i'll reinforce the lame ideology of her t-shirt by conforming her prejudices.
>get intimidated by the prospect of all ideolgy and global capitalism
>panic and walk past her pretending not to see her
>walk home sniffing and so on and so on
>>
>tfw committed myself to living a spook-free Stirnerian life dictated by my own ego and possession
>tfw sit in front my computer and shitpost
>>
>>7844346
kekkkkkk
>>
>>7842425
>what would Kant do

what the fuck op
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.