[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck did you guys get accustomed to reading non-fiction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
How the fuck did you guys get accustomed to reading non-fiction? It's not even that I'm not interested in the subjects I want to read (mainly computer and programming related stuff),becase I am, but I get le ADD meme and can't fucking focus for more than 15 minutes before I get distracted by something else. This doesn't even happen when I read really expressive virgilian shit.
>>
>>7841516
>It's not even that I'm not interested in the subjects I want to read
that's your problem. it has to be interesting to you. as paul goodman saif about how children learn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlbhIqmM_oE
>>
>>7841518
*said
>>
>>7841518
but I said that it is interesting to me, or at least, I'm interested in the idea of learning it... which I guess might not be the same thing. But then, how do I evaluate this dissonance between what I want --or think I want-- and what I feel? I feel envy those with innate discipline.
>>
>>7841528
indeed, you did. didn't see that double negative there. well, then, ignore everything i said.
>>
Same way you got used to reading fiction. It's slow and jerky at first, but it gets smoother and easier with time until such a point that your interest in the material overshadows any difficulty, after which point you're pretty much good. When you go all ADD and drop the book, just pick it back up. It won't take long until you can do some programming in C. Once you have a little knowledge, do a lot of programming, which should Stoke your interest in the material.
>>
There's a difference between nonfiction and a textbook. Textbooks, if you want to benefit from them, require application and repetition of knowledge acquired. Otherwise it's sand in your fingers.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.