[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I look up my advanced writing professor and he turns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: harrybloomington.jpg (835 KB, 1183x1200) Image search: [Google]
harrybloomington.jpg
835 KB, 1183x1200
>mfw I look up my advanced writing professor and he turns out to just be an alt-lit garbage artisan

What now, /lit/?
>>
kys
>>
Drop out and stop wasting money on a garbage degree.
>>
>>7841433
Had the same thing happen to me. Enjoy it, and try not to be the overly critical Harold Bloom of your class. But do try to figure out how well read this professor is. I was able to get my professor to talk about some high literature pretty far until he was unable to keep track of some novelists I mentioned.
>>
>>7841731
Which novelists did you mention?
>>
lol do STEM
>>
>>7841731
>I was able to get my professor to talk about some high literature pretty far until he was unable to keep track of some novelists I mentioned.
>pretentious student comes to office hours
>tries to impress me with his breadth of reading
>play along for a while
>keeps going and going and going
>tell him I haven't read stuff so he stops trying to show off
>tries to stifle a smug grin when I say I haven't read DFW
>just leave already
fucking college kids think they know everything.
>>
>>7841871
You're not entirely wrong about the types of people ITT being massive autists with overinflated egos, but to be fair, the overwhelming majority of MFA classes are taught by pseuds and are for pseuds so the professor isn't really any better than they are.
>>
>>7841864
>non-humanities
>human
>>
>>7841887
I kekd
>>
>>7841871
I wasn't that office, I used the entire semester, dropping names occasionally. I exhausted his knowledge when I began to talk about 17th century english lit. DFW never came up... unfortunatley.
>>
1) Ask him how many books he has written and published.
2) say 'how's that working out for you?'
3) ask him why he never left school and why you should listen to his opinion on anything
4) If he says he has published 'papers', tell him literally nobody reads academic papers unless forced to for credits, then say 'couldnt manage writing a whole book? What's the best you can hope for? A credit in the 'acknowledgements' that nobody ever reads?
5) ask him if he thinks teaching any art is just a meme, since most successful authors schooled themselves?
6) tell him to collect his tears in a cup, so you can drink them
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.