[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Chapter 11/Fasuto Apologia The fuck did I just read?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: pynchon-v..jpg (21 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
pynchon-v..jpg
21 KB, 350x500
>Chapter 11/Fasuto Apologia

The fuck did I just read?
>>
>>7841344
The eleventh chapter of a shitty book.
>>
it's obviously a misspelling of "fausto," and pynchon was writing a defense (or "apology") of the character of "faust"
>>
I hated the way Fausto's section was written but the imagery of the chapter was fun. Dude symbolism lmao. BTW V. is just desire and all of Pynchon is just determinism illustrated. Fite me IRL
>>
>>7841357
>>7841362

Is the bad priest/ess Victoria Wren? Seems dumb but the ivory comb seems like an intended giveaway.

Also why does Stencil care about Fausto or his aplogia at all?

I remember there was one brief reference to Stencil Sr. but it didn't really mention in what context he was there.
>>
>>7841362
I love the whole section that begins with "the street of the 20th century." Reminds me of the long nocturne describing war-torn London in GR.
>>
>>7841411

Which Fausto said that again?
>>
>>7841362
uhhhhhhhhh NO

V is modernity and all of pynchon is individuals against dehumanizing systems
>>
I'm on chapter 5 right now and enjoying it a lot.
Crazy that Pynchon wrote this in his mid 20s
>>
File: feel.png (29 KB, 591x422) Image search: [Google]
feel.png
29 KB, 591x422
>>7841617

>22 now
>haven't begun so much as an outline of a novel

I.....I have good ideas and can write well, why am I so lazy
>>
>>7841624
>smart but lazy
if don't fix this soon you'll live a sad life m8
>>
>>7841635

But how?
>>
>>7841670
fuck off /lit/ for more than 72 hours at a time, for one
>>
I like most of pynchon, but I hated every single page of V.
>>
>>7841670
There are several ways. The easier one is making a schedule and sticking to it.
>but but I can't ! I just cant' stop shitposting on the chan ! -I know I'm capable of great stuff but I'm lazy -
Don't delude yourself like this, you are probably not as smart as you might believe. Going through a traumatic experience or doing drugs can also help.
Psychological homeostasis is a destructive thing.
This being said (not to be mean) you will probably never be able to change this, so just stop thinking about it and embrace mediocrity I guess
>>
>>7841400
>Is the bad priest/ess Victoria Wren?
Yes. She embodies the change from animate to inanimate.
>>
File: stencil-hallucinates-two-v's.png (86 KB, 488x119) Image search: [Google]
stencil-hallucinates-two-v's.png
86 KB, 488x119
>>
File: stencil-still-sees-one-v.png (80 KB, 357x215) Image search: [Google]
stencil-still-sees-one-v.png
80 KB, 357x215
>>
File: routines.jpg (78 KB, 650x620) Image search: [Google]
routines.jpg
78 KB, 650x620
>>7841670
Early to bed and early to rise. If you work a wage slave job where you have to work from 9am and get home at about 7pm then you can fit in at least:

2hrs of writing a day
2hrs reading
1hr of learning a language
1hr of mathematics and/or philosophy

If you are not working, NEET, or college then you actually have no excuse. You should be studying every waking moment. Get rid of your Television, it's cancer. Don't aimlessly browse the chans.

Three immediate improvements:

1. Take cold showers
2. Wake up early every morning
3. Learn how to meditate

An IQ of ~120 is required for Genius. Most of "Genius" is hard work. Mozart would work for 12hrs+ solid, Bach said "I was obliged to be industrious. Whoever is equally industrious will succeed equally well.", A great violinist was asked how he felt to be so gifted at the violin, he replied "I practice 8hrs a day, the more I practice, the more gifted I become".

>>7841685 may be right, you might just be lazy and doomed to never realize your potential.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.