[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why /lit/ doesn't even read Pierre Boutang ? /lit/ has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: Pierre Boutang.jpg (61 KB, 638x440) Image search: [Google]
Pierre Boutang.jpg
61 KB, 638x440
Why /lit/ doesn't even read Pierre Boutang ?
/lit/ has a reputation of elitism, and not knowing French is pleb as fuck.

On top of that, Boutang :
-started with the Greeks
-is a true erudite (literally knows the Greeks, Latins, Augustine, Aquinas, Rimbaud and a lot of others by heart)
-blew the fuck out of Sartre and deconstructivists
-wrote the French Ulysses (Le Purgatoire)
-fucked bitches
-wrote pamphlets, philosophical essays, literary criticism, novels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRyRhf_FK1Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHnJ79e7Sns
>>
When you're writing in English you don't put a space between the words and the punctuation mark you fucking worthless French piece of shit. Put in the bare minimum to acclimate to another culture when you live and work in it 24/7, and maybe your garbage fucking Muslim-hole of a country will become relevant again. Fucking piece of shit French.
>>
>>7840852
Salty as fuck.
I guess you're not even francophone, filthy plebeian.
>>
>le purgatoire
>"French Ulysses"

I read French. Boutang is a fucking joke. A decent novelist maybe but his politics are such bullshit. For people who don't know French politics, Boutang essentially arse-licked the Action Francaise, a proto-fascist, royalist, Catholic group who cheered on the Nazis when Petain bent over and let them fuck France during the war. Go back to /pol/ you Nazi frog
>>
File: 3ga7s.png (251 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
3ga7s.png
251 KB, 1190x906
>>7840870
You and people like you are guilty of destroying the western canon and western civilization by basing significant political decisions on misplaced empathy rather than carefully reasoned arguments. This is evident because the left is seemingly unable to have a dialogue with the right (at least those on the right willing to have such a dialogue) and has to resort to ostracizing and other non-rational means of resolving conflict with them.
>>
The really shameful thing is the absence of Blanchot posting
>>
>>7840885
>I am personally guilty of destroying the western canon and western civilisation

now you're the one who's beginning to sound like the unhinged PC types who accuse all white people of collective guilt. Apparently my making fun of a silly Nazi-sympathising, monarchy-loving French weirdo on the internet does more damage to the western canon and western civilisation than people, like the Action Francaise and their Nazi mates, who actually tried to destroy it. But I'm sorry, I should just 'be rational' and take le redpill
>>
>>7840885
>i read french

stick to hebrew bagelboy, no one cares about your semitic whining
>>
>>7840912
hahaha I am actually an ethnic Jew, so all your conspiracy theories can now be proven correct.
>>
>>7840795
>wrote the French Ulysses
It has been done, and it's called La Recherche.
>>
>>7840907
What are your political opinions? The type of person that would scold someone for sympathizing with the nazis and action francaise is the type i am refering to here, because they do not fundamentally understand the problems facing western civilization such as nihilism, pathological altruism, the downfall of capitalism, declining fertility, feminism etc. As you can see, all of these things are also inter-related: Nihilism could be said to be a cause of them all, declining fertility is a direct result of feminism, which coupled with the fall of capitalism and the rise of the welfare state ponzi scheme gives an excuse to bring in millions of immigrants that abhor the very foundations of the west. This excuse is 'strengthened' by pathological altruism which is a result from nihilism.

As you can see, the core to fixing them all is removing nihilism.
>>
File: Uu657O8.jpg (169 KB, 1663x1247) Image search: [Google]
Uu657O8.jpg
169 KB, 1663x1247
>>7840907
It's interesting that you think calling him a 'weirdo' gives significant points against him.
>>
>>7840870
>proto-fascist
>cheered the nazis

>I don't know what l'Action Française is : the post
Stop your whining just because he wrote against Joinovici and other jewish scum, even Israel drove him back.
With your logic, you can't even appreciate Céline, Brasillach and Rebatet just because they're fascists. They're wonderful authors.
>>
>>7840795
>Be Canadian
>Forced to learn Baguette
>Hate my life
>Manage to take Russian as a second language
>Forget French
Fuck kebekers, western secession when
>>
>>7840885
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
>>
>>7842246
niggers tongue my anus
>>
>>7842244
>Russian
Nice to be honest. Time to re-learn French though, I'm sure you can do it with ease.
>>
i'm sorry, OP, but it's gonna take a lot more than one autodidact guy to convince me to reneg on my "fuck all the french, permanently", position. maybe if a french girl fucked me... then I could reconsider. But honestly your 20th century onwards philosophical tradition is a fucking blight upon the earth. The worst parts of the german philo tradition if the germans were never held accountable for anything. You're just so fucking gullible. Only in France, I imagine, could a whole crowd of students "lean in", enraptured, to Lacan spout gobbledegook... and then start yelling out nonsense catch-phrases when some other retard throws water on him (notice at this moment, if you saw the video, that Lacan refuses to laugh at the absurdity of the situation—pretentious beyond the powers of any Italian, any German, any Brit, any American... even a humor-deaf Chinese would probably bubble over with zazen glee at the felicity of the situation... but no—a frenchman's inability to laugh at himself should clue you in that they are the least enlightened, most vain, self-absorbed cool kids in the world. fuck you)

Your countrymen are catlike in the worst way: they are all unimpeachably attractive, obsessed with fucking and looking cool (anyone can tell you that cats fuck way more than dogs, and the french have more sex than anyone in the world), insanely pompous and arrogant (this almost goes without saying), and most of all... you have NO intellectual integrity. You are way more concerned with an idea sounding cool (making you look cool + deep, keeping your cigarette smoking bad boy camus image) than with it being actually fucking true.

Everyone smokes... you invented the most cancerous & superficial forms of feminism, existentialism, psychoanalysis, etc...

so even if by your description this guy looks cool (and some in the thread point otherwise), it will take many years of strenuous effort to repair the fundamental damage your forebears have done to the otherwise bretty gud legacy of rousseau, descartes, flaubert, etc.

I'm not a total dick, I concede that France was THE spot for the fine arts in much of the 20th and 19th centuries... its your philosophy that really just riles me up.

Also Paris is the most romantic city I've ever been to and your woman are the hottest women in the world, essentially. Unfortunately they've all got interior mental problems and are addicted to Ahmed's cock. Oh, by the way, Paris isn't gonna be so beautiful much longer if you continue to allow all this immigration. You fucking cuck. Ok. Just wanted to add that disclaimer incase you felt wounded. In your delicate french pride. Also where are the fucking consonants in your language? C'mon. How the fuck do you talk in a noisy room?
>>
>>7842254
I'm fluent Russian. I know basic French. But I'm lazy as fuck... trilingual is tempting though
>>
>>7842264
Damn
>>
>>7842274
I honestly only wrote that because last time I was in Europe, these two french girls wouldn't stop following me and my friend and teasing us... we knew they would never "put out" (I don't talk like this in real life), we were dirt to them, less than clods in between the rubber on their boots but still they tormented us. I was really depressed at that point and they were joking about it, noosey noosey gestures, mocking my clothes. Haunting me like evil spirits that you can't even fuck.

Then later in Paris I saw this super hot girl walking with this booga guy who was like blacked.com level blacked. And I'm not really a racist.. it was just that, in this instance, you could travel the land and everybody would assent to one thing: she was doing to this look cool, to offend people, to annoy her dad, etc. She wasn't doing it for him or love against the odds. No love there. I don't care about mixing... Rashida Jones is evidence that there are auspicious flavor combos yet undiscovered... it's just that they were obv. unsuited for each other...

all this repressed negative affect had to find some means of expression and it did. that's all
>>
>>7842264
Hard but partly too true.

>one autodidact guy
He was the student of Jankélévitch and Jean Wahl, received his agregation of philosophy at age 20, was the disciple and friend of Maurras (people think he's a nazi because he collaborated just to avoid communism) and Gabriel Marcel (a French Jew converted to Catholicism). He's not at all an autodidact, he had masters and was a master himself (he taught at the Sorbonne, to Levinas for example).

I can get your hatred of French "philosophers" but I can guarantee you that this guy is a fucking genius.
He refuted all these fucks you hate with medieval philosophy.

You see French like that because they're the only one you see. The unseen (and he's from this hidden crowd) are profound, you just have to acknowledge them. I don't think you get to hear about Simone Weil, Emile Boutroux or Joseph Moreau a lot, or even about Boutang himself.
He's even unknown there, but fortunately, as it his the century of his birth, maybe he'll get some recognition.
He's a sort of contemporary humanist, fed with Greek and Renaissance metaphysics, poetry and literature, constantly using these as references in his essays.
Truly, he's one of these you must read.
>>
Im American. Speak French. Worked with french military in Africa. Spend summer weekends in Menton. Love the food and culture.

>tfw never slept with a French girl. My current is Russian.
>>
File: pokemon-american_00360838.jpg (188 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-american_00360838.jpg
188 KB, 2000x2000
>>7840795
>- adhered to christian philosophy
>in 20th century France
>>
>>7842264
Consider therapy.
>>
>>7840795
/lit/ doesn't read much, anon. /lit/izens keep reverting to the five or so books they have for discussion, and if they have nothing else to do they'll engage in some author-bashing. I don't come here too often because of all the hate, and because it's a very monotonous board.
>>
>>7842390
>Menton
Great taste.

>>7842561
>being a pleb
>>
Rebond.
>>
File: esm7vMq.jpg (35 KB, 519x604) Image search: [Google]
esm7vMq.jpg
35 KB, 519x604
This guy seems pretty based. Thanks lit, but I'm busy reading the The Hunchback of Notre-Dame atm.
>>
>>7844440
You're welcome.
>>
>>7840894

agreed
>>
>>7840894
>>7845997
And but only alternative would be the presence of Blanchot posting being shameful
>>
>it's another overrating a writer/philosopher because they agree with my politics episode
>>
>>7840795
Too bad he isn't translated. I have a French friend who's really into him, maybe I'll ask him to explain him to me. Could anyone give a summary in the meantime? Not just general terms and themes, but a few actual ideas.

>>7842264
>>7842287
I like how you went from "the French are hacks" pleb tier to "I'm from /pol/, tell me about Evola" tier. It's like falling from a pit of shit into a river of diarrhea.
>>
>>7840795
It's mainly because the Boutang clan ain't nutin t' fuck with
>>
>>7846081
kek'd, but Boutang isn't pronounced like Wu Tang
>>
File: 1458308899228.jpg (76 KB, 594x395) Image search: [Google]
1458308899228.jpg
76 KB, 594x395
>>7842169
mein gott
>>
>>7842169
Have you ever considered that the fall of prominence of the US is simply when they stopped controlling the global oil market.
>>
>>7846081
nice
>>
>>7840870
I've never read anything this pleb in my life.

Kill yourself.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.