[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it sensible to say that if you KNOW you're a great writer,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Disgaea_3_Prinny_avatar.jpg (97 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Disgaea_3_Prinny_avatar.jpg
97 KB, 480x480
is it sensible to say that if you KNOW you're a great writer, you're probably a pretty good writer?

also, Discord needs a new invite link. help a nigga out.
>>
https://discord.gg/0ssJKGTbo2pseIOu

hi soda
>>
No.

It can be pretty certain that if you think you're a bad writer you're a bad writer. In my experience, the best way to tell if you're a decent writer is if better writers say so.
>>
File: 1456034863038.jpg (119 KB, 604x431) Image search: [Google]
1456034863038.jpg
119 KB, 604x431
>>7840264
>tfw have never met a better writer
>>
so far no writer has been able to beat me
>>
>>7841012
sure you haven't

/s
>>
>>7840227
self delusion is so common
>>
speaking as mainly a musician I can say that "writing" is probably like music in the sense that there are "areas" you are more confident in than others. there's aspects to every art, that when broken down can be quantified but no single person has mastered all of them
>>
"My dreams are large, so that means they're possible."

Sorry, but no. It's easy to have vague dreams that thousands of others had before you.
>>
If you practice well then confidence will come, learn how to self critique while also seeking good feedback
>>
i like my body when it is with your
body. It is so quite new a thing.
Muscles better and nerves more.
i like your body. i like what it does,
i like its hows. i like to feel the spine
of your body and its bones, and the trembling
-firm-smooth ness and which i will
again and again and again
kiss, i like kissing this and that of you,
i like, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz
of your electric fur, and what-is-it comes
over parting flesh ... And eyes big love-crumbs,

and possibly i like the thrill

of under me you so quite new
>>
>>7840227
It depends on how you see it. Some people are great, prolific writers but never get that feedback until they're dead and gone. Yet, they must have known they were good writers, otherwise why would they keep at it so diligently?

In my opinion it's okay to own your confidence fully. May seem big headed to others, but that's their problem. If you think you're a good writer, fuckin own it m8.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.