[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We post GOAT leadershipcore books.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: prince[1].jpg (290 KB, 759x1149) Image search: [Google]
prince[1].jpg
290 KB, 759x1149
ITT: We post GOAT leadershipcore books.
>>
Is The Prince some kind of meme?
I found it pretty basic.
>>
File: m8.jpg (36 KB, 302x499) Image search: [Google]
m8.jpg
36 KB, 302x499
>Donald Trump: I have the genes for success
>>
>>7840192
>The Fart Deal: Oh Trumpet
>>
>>7840187

Considering you're not from the 1500s, yes, it will obviously be basic.
>>
File: image.png (294 KB, 800x711) Image search: [Google]
image.png
294 KB, 800x711
>leadership books
>posts a meme
>>
The Prince is a meme meme needs to die.
>>
The Prince is a satire on cut throat Italian politics. Did he live by what he preached? no! He was intelligent, nihilistic, with a wicked sense of humor, but he was not a political mastermind.

Read "Anti-Machiavel" by Frederick the Great.
>>
The Prince, not unlike the Art of War, is hailed as a masterpiece. I read both. Both seemed like an endless chain of obvious instructions to me.
>You can't keep control unless you're not either backed by the people or the ruling class, both is best
No shit sherlock.
>You need to use the terrain to your advantage
Well that's certainly surprising!

I outright refuse to believe these had any value even to people alive at that period. This is the main reason I still believe the Prince to be satire.
>>
File: >.png (79 KB, 240x247) Image search: [Google]
>.png
79 KB, 240x247
>>7840208
>implying I'm not from th 1500's
>implying implications
>>
>>7840606

haha lol you deserve an upvote my friend
>>
File: 1458608089526.jpg (59 KB, 600x841) Image search: [Google]
1458608089526.jpg
59 KB, 600x841
>>7840199
Epic memes. Xd
>>
>>7840606
>but he was not a political mastermind.

looks like somebody never read Machiavelli beyond The Prince, that's like reading Inherent Vice and declaring Pynchon humorous but pleb, u sir r an uneducated trash
>>
>>7840921

The Discourses were shit and The Art of War was laughable.
>>
>>7840891
>>7840920
Stop posting my ex boyfriends!!! Ugh
>>
Daodejing, senpai.
>>
>>7840606
>le 'prince was satire' meme
>>
The Art of the Deal by Donald J Trump
>>
I thought Che's Guerrilla Warfare was a romantic manual for running bands of brigands.
>>
>>7840178
The Art of War - Sun Tzu
>>
>>7840623
No the Prince's value is in nuggets like "either give people gifts or crush their shit; moderate responses only fuel rebellion"

Military guides they are not
>>
>>7840187
>>7840623
It really isn't. Look at leaders around the world, especially in Europe. They don't apply Machiavelli. Protecting your people comes first. Using realism, and not ideology. Seeing how things really are rather than how they should be.
>>
20-whogivesafuck posts and just The Prince and Sun Tzu's Art of War so far.

Good job /lit/, productive as always.
>>
>>7841784
mistake. meant idealism, not ideology.
>>
>>7840923
>The Discourses were shit

REEE fuck off pleb

"Why does this guy writing half a millenium before me state all of this obvious stuff"

Are you fucking stupid
>>
File: 9780141186917.jpg (1 MB, 1457x2244) Image search: [Google]
9780141186917.jpg
1 MB, 1457x2244
Although it is mostly just his memoir and journal from the war, there are some good lessons about leading those in your charge.
A lot of the German generals and field marshals of the Second World War also wrote memoirs and hand guides, particularly Guderian and van Manstein
>>
meditations by marcus aurelius
the prince is a joke
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.