[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever read The Incal? According to wikipedia it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Incal-Eng-0_zoomed.jpg (439 KB, 960x1275) Image search: [Google]
Incal-Eng-0_zoomed.jpg
439 KB, 960x1275
Has anyone here ever read The Incal? According to wikipedia it has a "claim" to being one of the best comic books ever
>>
jodorowsky is a horrible film maker and this is not a comic board you retard.
>>
>>7839960
L-E-L

Jodo too senpai for you
>>
>>7839930
If you like and get deeper aspects of Alan Moore, you'll like the Incal.

If you like art, philosophy, psychology, creativity and/or mysticism you will also like the Incal.

Bummed that I just missed out on owning the extra large hardcover.
>>
>>7839960
I agree with this.
Awfully memy personality too
>>
>>7840027
kysmm
>>
>>7840031
Typical Jodorowsky fan
>>
>>7839930
Im not a comic fan (i bought that comic book because im a fan of Jodorowski), but its a great read.
>>
>>7839930
It's a masterpiece.
>>
did jodorowsky edit that page?

incal is okay, but you can see Jodo's pseudo-religious taint all over it. moebius tried to save it, but in the end Jodo spewed his rancid, tainted seed into the story's mouth and it choked.
>>
>>7839960
This. /tv/ has been memeing Jodorowsky hard for the last couple of years for God knows what reason.

He had an absolutely fucked childhood and has insane ideas, and they're sometimes fun to read because of how insane they are, but none of it is good by a long shot.
>>
>>7839930
croot!
>>
>>7840370
>did jodorowsky edit that page?
What makes you ask?
>>
File: Sharaz-De-de-Sergio-Toppi-06.jpg (856 KB, 1606x1039) Image search: [Google]
Sharaz-De-de-Sergio-Toppi-06.jpg
856 KB, 1606x1039
>>7839930
Overrated desu.
Edena and Arzach are the best.
Also Toppi is better than Moebius.
>>
>>7840571
it sounds like Jodo's standard puffery.

>>7840589
>Edena and Arzach are the best.

'cause Mr Rape It With Love wasn't involved.

although i thought Aedena's end was a little.. er.. vague. he was probably getting tired of it all.
>>
>>7840712
>it sounds like Jodo's standard puffery.
oh i thought you meant the cover page in the OP
>>
>>7839960
Clearly, you haven't watch'd Jodorowsky's Dune.
>>
File: frame_0000.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
frame_0000.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>7839960
how can anyone hate this guy he's great
for all the drug associations though his films sure suck on any kind of drug. stone sober with maybe some jalapeno chips is the way to go
>>
File: Moebius - Arzak4.jpg (444 KB, 1205x1560) Image search: [Google]
Moebius - Arzak4.jpg
444 KB, 1205x1560
I like the art in their stuff but most of the time I have no idea what the fuck the stories are about.
>>
>>7841491
If you're not in the mood for vacuous bullshit he sure can get boring fast
>>
>>7841477
you refer to the documentary about how the financial backers pulled out once they learned what he was trying to do. not the film.

which never got made. because the financial backers pulled out once they learned what he was trying to do.
>>
>>7841477
jodorowsky's dune was never made u got damn imbecile holy shit
>>
>>7841505
watch kenneth anger films instead, theyre a lot more homoerotic and are like 20 minutes long so you don't get bored of dudes in leather and random occult symbols, but similar to jodowrosky
>>
>>7841632
anon, google Jodorowsky's Dune. It's a documentary that was made in 2013. It's excellent mate. Incal is a bunch of recycled material from the Dune book Jodorowsky made - it never became a movie. It's a very cool comic though. Highly recommended.
>>
>>7841675
so why the fuck didn't jodo make an Incal film rather than waste all that time with Dune? if he wants to rape something with love, he can rape himself.
>>
it's pretty fun, I bought some months ago.

I like it because it doesn't care in being serious; it's funny, it's light, it has a lot of ideas. I can easily forgive those common mistakes jodo tells (telling instead of showing) that show very clearly he didn't have previous experience in writing comics.

It's different. Try it. If you don't like it it's okay, but you've read something different. The worst part of it was the Brian Mihael Bendis introduction.
>>
>>7839930
incomprehensible rubbish
>>
>>7841638
This guy gets it
>>
>>7842782
all of Jodo's comic work is like that. the Saga of Alandor, the adventures of Alef-Thau. dude thinks he's a mystic. or he wants people to think he's a mystic.

the portrait of him as Alan Mangel in Moebius' "Madwoman of the Sacred Heart" is pretty close; philosophy teacher who gets lots of pussy, has adventures, shits his pants every time someone fires a gun and has a drug-fueled south american epiphany. oh, and fathers the second coming of jesus.

kind of a Hail Mary Sue.
>>
>>7842782
it's literally The Fifth Element
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.