[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nietzsche thought that Goethe, the author and creator of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
>Nietzsche thought that Goethe, the author and creator of the original / quintessential literary pathetic Beta Male, was an ubermensch

Nietzsche was just joking right? He did realize that Werner was just Goethe writing about himself, right?
>>
>>7838526
start with the greeks
>>
nietzsche didn't even think he himself was an oobermench
>>
>>7838526
At least his character arch is beta to alpha, which is admirable.
>>
Who the fuck is that cover for?
Is it just to trick romance novel readers?
>>
>>7838544
Women.
>>
>>7838544
It's something Werther would fantasize about.
>>
>Werner
>>
>>7838543
>Werther's character art was beta to alpha

literally what
>>
>>7838543
>At least his character arch is beta to alpha, which is admirable.

Did I miss the ending where he destroys all his rivals and rides off with his woman? The one I read has him shooting himself like a pussy and not even getting that right so he squirms around in agony for days.
>>
>>7838526
>wrote it when he was young; at only 24. Later called it in part "all that is sick"
>Ubermensch is about transcending values and not about just being great from the start
>???????
>>
>>7838526
>Goethe not a ubermensh

top lel
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.