[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hat did /lit/ think of this book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 71Vmj-9DZYL.jpg (231 KB, 1104x1475) Image search: [Google]
71Vmj-9DZYL.jpg
231 KB, 1104x1475
Hat did /lit/ think of this book?
>>
>>7838402
Great fuel for fire
>>
>>7838402
>Hat did /lit/ think
fedora obviously
>>
>>7838416
platinum kek
>>
>>7838402
It's become more interesting as a notch on everyone's belt than an actual book. It does some novel things linguistically and typographically but to even suggest it makes a serious attempt at being a love story is pretty far-fetched. The discussion around it really annoys me, it only has worth on a technical level but everyone wants to talk about how amazing the story was. It's okay.
>>
>>7838402
It's fun ergodic pulp. Any literary value comes from its Borgesian ties. The story itself is so-so.
>>
Was the House real though
>>
>>7838402
Remember in 2010 when it was the biggest meme next to Ayn Rand posting? Good times.
>>
>>7838402
A sublime meditation on the fractured world we inhabit. Danielewski may be the truest auteur in the modern literary world, reflecting each and every part of his delightfully twisted psych into the pages of his magnum opus. His prose rivals Nabokov's; Borges would look upon his distillation of time's fragile nature with approval. This is not only a marvelous work of literature, but establishes the author as a serious contender for the voice of our woefully misguided generation.
>>
>>7838402
If you're reading this you should objectively kill yourself desu senpai
>>
>>7838857
I hope this is pasta
>>
>>7838581
>been here for 6 yrs

kys my man
>>
>>7838476
It's not a book you read for plot. As you said it's ergodic literature, pity that the "muh genre fiction" retards can't see beyond the tags it has on Amazon or whatever.
>>
>>7838416
This is the only time I've given an audible laugh from reading something in this domain.
>>
>>7838402
I don't know anything about that book, but the anime called House of Five Leaves is pretty damn good.
>>
>>7838402
It was fun and pretty spooky. Characters were engaging and it had Harold Bloom. Pretty fun, except for that mindless list of buildings and the footnote that cut through several pages.

>>7838488
You're holding the House when you read it.
>>
It was the book that first brought Derrida to my attention. 6/10 would read again.
>>
Sort of like a buffet were you had to pick out what you like and pass over the stuff you didn't. What I did put on my plate I liked, though, which was mainly the part about wandering through the house, the giant staircase, etc.
>>
>>7838936
Thanks for informing us.
>>
I thought it was Natsume Ono whoi wrote it.
>>
>>7838412
If you read the last scene you'd know how poignant this comment is
>>
really bad. I read it as a LSD and MDMA abusing hippie teenager and hated Johnny's sections and didn't finish it. I read it again as a 23 year old to see if I still hated it and I felt the same way. He's just a shit character, and non of the 2pomo4u whacko bullshit with Zampano and his mom is interesting whatsoever. Honestly I wish I had stopped reading after The Navidson Record had concluded like my gut instinct told me. The creepypasta at the core of the book is legitimately good horror, the book as a whole and everything involving Johnny after he loses his job fucking sucks.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.