[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why haven't you read this yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
why haven't you read this yet?
>>
>>7837256
Because I saw the movie, which is pretty great btw.
>>
keep getting the st augustine version by accident, sorry famm
>>
>>7837269
sheeeit man the books really good. the movie only follows about 1/3 of the characters from the book.
>>
File: download.jpg (14 KB, 195x258) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14 KB, 195x258
?? that's not pic related. fucking heathens.
>>
>>7837256
Because I'm Brazilian and the reality is enough for me.
>>
>>7837269
This desu
>>
>>7837347
kek
>>
>>7837256
Because I don't know anything about it. Tell me what it is and why I should read it, op.
>>
>>7837397
The searing novel on which the internationally acclaimed hit film was based,City of Godis a gritty, gorgeous tour de force from the Brazilian street. Cicade de Deus, the City of God, is one of Rio's most notorious slums. Yet it is also a place where samba rocks till dawn, where the women are the most beautiful on earth, and where one young man wants to escape his background and become a photographer.City of Godis a sprawling, magnificently told epic about gang life in Rio'sfavelas, based on years of research and Pualo Lins's firsthand experience growing up in Cicade de Deus. A book that gives voice to the dispossessed of multiethnic Brazil,City of Godwill earn Paulo Lins more well-deserved international acclaim.
>>
Because I watched the movie instead. :^)
>>
>>7837386
Another Brazilian here, it's true.
>>
>>7837481
Should have hack the planet
>>
>where the women are the most beautiful on earth

Even as a brazilian I have to say, uhehueuhheuauhehuhuaheuehuehhueeuh
>>
>>7837537
What is the purpose of your comment?
>>
>>7837541
typical brazilian underdog shit, women here are goat tbqh
>>
Because it was written by a Brazilian.
>>
>>7837542
Well I certainly have no way to ascertain that, first because I never went abroad, and even if I had I'm a virgin anyway.
>>
oh damn this book is bad ass. I dunno if the people here will appreciate it though. they are kind of stuck up and need higher meaning and all that good stuff.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.