[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: StephenKing_0.jpg (389 KB, 2500x1673) Image search: [Google]
StephenKing_0.jpg
389 KB, 2500x1673
Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;
For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow
Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,
Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee do go,
Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.
Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,
And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well
And better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally
And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.
>>
Who cares, that is highschool pot smoking behind the basketball court to impress the hunnies tier prose.
>>
What cliche, lowbrow garbage! Stephen King is such a hack.
>>
>>7836305
>prose

why
>>
>>7836309
seriously i want redditors to go and stop shilling their pleb shit here
>>
>>7836714
that shit ain't poetry son, I don't care what you make of it.
>>
>>7836716
>>7836716
whats wrong with reddit? I really enjoy that website.
>>
One of my favorite sonnets desu
>>
Only time we´ll read in class will be next year around this time. One guy suggesting pic related. How do I keep my course from reading this "book"? Please, I really would puke, if I had to spend money on this crap.
>>
>>7836725
you better run son
>>
File: 51REU+04MML.jpg (51 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
51REU+04MML.jpg
51 KB, 351x500
>>7836736
that´s pic r.
>>
>tfw OP puts Stephen King's image next to a John Donne poem
>>
>>7836736
>>7836740
Make a good argument in why it's garbage and present it to the teacher.
Then fuck off back to >>>/r/reddit fucking underage piece of shit.
>>
>>7836754
>>7836740
Hey I am from reddit, keep that weeb shit here, we don't want it either.
>>
>>7836305
>>7836309
Care to explain why you think it's bad?

I thought it read very well.
>>
good memes guys i am crying on the floor laughing desu desu
>>
>>7837143
not one them, but it uses cliches. Like a pop country song, using the same rhythms and tropes/topics/words ad nauseum.

The use of Shakespearean-esc language, but only for the most specific things such as Thou, Dost, thy. Although it is by no means in middle/old english, out side of those sparse words, which makes it awkward.

It reads like it is trying hard to give the appearance of medieval - occult - evil - horror - etc, without actually being so.
>>
File: 1452886427778-1.jpg (121 KB, 584x900) Image search: [Google]
1452886427778-1.jpg
121 KB, 584x900
>>7836303
>And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.

Sounds Christian.

> But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive
>>
>>7837199
yes no shit lol it's from the holy sonnets, john donne was a deacon.

>>7837184
you should read up on the context of this poem instead of doling out trite criticism intended to make yourself sound smart on a laotian tribal dancing imageboard
>>
>>7837184
>>7837205

BOOM ROASTED

fucking pseud.
>>
>>7836303
Easy to see why King is considered a hack

this is so tacky
>>
>>7837205
>>7837258

I don't need to know the context. The context is the post, and its shit so I wouldn't care to look it up anyway.

It wasn't criticism intended to make myself sound smart, I couldn't care less what you anon-autists think of me. It was intended to make a very easy to understand critique so that anon could see some faults.

Get back to your memes reddit samefaging kid.
>>
>>7837364
hahaha holy shit
>>
>>7837364

>The use of Shakespearean-esc language [...] Although it is by no means in middle/old english, out side of those sparse words, which makes it awkward.

>It wasn't criticism intended to make myself sound smart, I couldn't care less what you anon-autists think of me. It was intended to make a very easy to understand critique so that anon could see some faults.

Good points anon senpai.

You clearly have a knack for observation, so I'll recommend the article, "Transgressing the Boundaries: Towards a Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity". It's relevant to literary criticism and changed my life.

Link:
>http://www.physics.nyu.edu/faculty/sokal/transgress_v2/transgress_v2_singlefile.html
>>
King posting is way better than green posting.
>>
>>7837513
THEY'RE TRASHING
>>
>>7837364
you seriously need to HACK THE PLANET dude
>>
>>7837184
It's by Donne, who is actually a medieval poet, you complete fucking retard. Please leave and never come back.
>>
>>7837526
not quite medieval, but yes, that guy is a retard
>>
>>7837364
Please end your life. You don't understand poetry.
>>
>>7837533
Hack your own life planet fuck
>>
>>7837526
>>7837530
Basically the Renaissance/Victorian era

OP's post is from Donne. The Stephen King pic was for the false positive lulz
>>
>>7837547
>Victorian era

fuck me, Elizabethan era.
>>
>>7837364

lol
>>
>>7837444
>>7837561
>>7837533
>>7837518
>>7837526

Jesus, the bait wasn't that good.
>>
>>7837620
dude just hack the planet lmao
>>
>>7837444
Typical reddit kid, just trying to meme, can't post an actual reply.
>>
>>7837621
>tips le fedora
>>
>>7837526
>It's by Donne, who is actually a medieval poet,
>Donne was medieval
the bait is multiplying
>>
>>7837653
its a bait replying to a bait replying to a bait replying to a bait its a bait replying to a bait replying to a bait replying to a bait its a bait replying to a bait replying to a bait replying to a bait its a bait replying to a bait replying to a bait replying to a bait
>>
>>7836303
I dont know who he is alluding to but its pretty cliche and he fails at it
>>
>>7836305
>Prose
Good job demonstrating your literary prowess, man.
>>
>>7837848
hate to break it to you, but you just got baited.
>>
Has baiting gone too far?
>>
>>7836754
Thanks senpai. Dyou you want me to suck your cock before I leave? Also, will you spank me, when I visit reddit? I will be good.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.