[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i began my intellectual journey. My yoga teacher recommended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 1397519782092.png (26 KB, 909x579) Image search: [Google]
1397519782092.png
26 KB, 909x579
So i began my intellectual journey.
My yoga teacher recommended me Siddharta, loved it.

I've heard about Demian, how is it? is it easy to read and simple like Siddharta?
>>
Read the sticky
>>
File: jesus.jpg (219 KB, 1134x1001) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
219 KB, 1134x1001
>So i began my intellectual journey
The best thing you can do right now is stop. You have nothing to gain.

You don't believe me, of course -- and you'll persist in your pursuit of some vague, ill-formed idea of "enlightenment." You'll pour hours and hours into this quest, and each hour will make the final punchline funnier: that you were never lacking anything to begin with, that you have always been perfect, even in ignorance.
>>
>>7834819
This.

There's nothing to be found at the 'end' of your journey.
>>
>>7834819
>>7834831
these.
it's all meaningless banal. we are not here for any particular purpose. there is no pre-set meaning to existence. we are food for worms. we are stardust that is aimlessly adrift.
still, wisdom is not something you can learn from others, unfortunately, as >>7834819 said. but you'll come to this conclusion on your own. and you'll laugh like a madcap.
>>
>>7834726
SWTG
>>
>>7834831
>>7834840
You guys do realize that for some peope "intellectual journey" entails something other than reading Marx and Marx commentators all day while feeling sorry that no one wants to fuck you?
My advice to you OP is just to open your mind as possible. I know it sounds corny, but knowledge is like love: You'll never find it exactly where you look for it, but the looking is a necessary (and often fun) thing to do in order to let it come to you.
>>
File: kek rxn.jpg (46 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
kek rxn.jpg
46 KB, 650x650
>>7834819
Nice try, Jesus.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/The-4-Hour-Workweek-Escape-Anywhere/dp/0307465357
>>
>>7834877
>something other than reading Marx and Marx commentators all day while feeling sorry that no one wants to fuck you
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.