[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to make your screen as pleasant to look at as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1435903500781.jpg (259 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1435903500781.jpg
259 KB, 1280x720
Is it possible to make your screen as pleasant to look at as a piece of paper?
>>
>>7834736
Well shit, that's a shame. Probably the saddest thing in the world to be honest.
>>
>>7834744
Not if you're a true dead tree enthusiast.

Kindlefuckers get burnt.
>>
>>7834751
The thing is, trees are more expensive as a resource than electricity.
>>
>>7834725
No, because it doesnt bounce light - it creates it.
>>
>>7834757
>because the kindle is made of air and water
dumb
>>
>>7834757
They're a renewable resource which can't be said of the things kindles are made of.
>>
>>7834759
>>7834762
I wasn't talking about kindles, geez.

>>7834758
This has given me an idea.
>>
>>7834757
The process to create a Kindle (acquiring the materials required) is far more costly and destructive to the environment than felling a tree.
>>
>>7834793
God damn it, I was not talking about it from an environment stand point.
>>
>>7834757
In order to read an eBook it must be powered indefinitely.

A book is only made once.
>>
>>7834758
Kindles don't create light, they also reflect it.
>>
I am the Light and the Way.
Read the Bible on your Kindle and it will reflect on your soul.
>>
>>7834725
stop believing in the *muh eye strain* meme?
>>
>>7834725
No, but the good news is a Kobo is very affordable and as pleasant as a piece of paper, if not superior.

I enjoy my e-reader so much I'm in the process of ridding myself of most physical books to be honest.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.