[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit think about Jonathan Lethem? I'm thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: jonathan-lethem-po_2808664b.jpg (61 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
jonathan-lethem-po_2808664b.jpg
61 KB, 620x387
What does /lit think about Jonathan Lethem? I'm thinking of reading the Fortress of Solitude and wanted some thoughts.
>>
I enjoyed Motherless Brooklyn
but that's the only thing of his I read
I have Dissident Gardens on the shelf but I have a 7 book backlog and he's probably 6th or 7th on the list of priorities
>>
>>7833384
I think he's one of the most interesting authors of the last decade, one that cleverly breaks the mold of the new realism that is the dominant of literary fiction post-2000.
On the other hand, he's never going to get past the stigma of "muh genre fiction" that is still too present in contemporary academia (not to mention the retards who post here).
Chronic City is possibly the best 9/11 novel published until now.
>>
not worth the energy to hate
>>
Chronic City was good. Well done surrealism, dream-like. Perkus Tooth is a great character. It's got a parody of Infinite Jest in it called Obstinate Dust, a huge unreadable tome (which confused me because IJ is pretty readable). The chapters that are letters from the main character's wife on the space station I wish had been left out. Read the novel only once years ago, and it's stayed with me for whatever reason. Haven't read any other Lethem.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.