[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wheel of Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Wheel_of_time.png (135 KB, 2000x1797) Image search: [Google]
Wheel_of_time.png
135 KB, 2000x1797
What is /lit/'s opinion of Robert Jordan's work?
>>
Try asking in scifantasy topic.

I read first three up to the point where he bought spear wielding nomads into the fray, then I lost interest. He talks and talks and talks and says nothing.
>>
>>7832682
I actually met someone who had a tattoo of that thing. I joked that he was secretly a Lacanian and that was the Borromean Knot.
>>
>>7833477
it's pretty much a borromean knot, but with an ouroboros on top.
>>
He blew that bridge up good.
>>
It's entertaining. I would say that it's worth reading if you read quickly; maybe read a volume in between serious stuff. If you do get into it, DON'T stop when it gets boring from books 7-10. If you're already that far, quitting is stupid - and it does get better again.

It's funny to me that online the fans are all typical fantasy nerds but the only other people I know in real life who have read it are middle aged women.
>>
>>7832682
Love him.
>>
Read it when I in my teens/early twenties when I had lots of free time and a young soul. Loved the shit out of it.
>>
>>7833662
underrated
>>
>>7832682
The literary crowd thinks it's trash and about 50% of the sci-fi/fantasy crowd agrees, but those who are fans tend to REALLY like it.

just like the last 500 times we had this thread
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.