[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did philosophers in ancient Greece go walk or sit around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: plato game.jpg (103 KB, 465x600) Image search: [Google]
plato game.jpg
103 KB, 465x600
Why did philosophers in ancient Greece go walk or sit around a gym to do philosophy?
Was it because they were all gay as fuck and wanted an excuse to go see a bunch of /fit/ dudes?
>>
mens sana in corpore sano

It's a convenient meeting spot.
>>
There was little else to do than banter and mire fit dudes at the time because women stayed in the house and they had slaves to work.
That or war/going on the sea.
>>
>>7831758
Cause cities were disgusting and filled with retards so you went to the equivalent of a private club to get some training and thinking and reading done with your bros.
>>
>>7831767
Weren't actually very many slaves in Athens, comparatively. Women didn't necessarily stay in the home either.
>>
I always thought they walked around the agora.

We're always running into Socrates in the Marketplace.
>>
>>7832061
middle class women did, the very poor sold bread/fish/their charms and the rich had religious professions
>>
>>7831767
Yes, it was ancient greece, nothing much to do except lifting and philosophy
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.