[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is this unreadable bullshit? You tricked me into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: 51P98Bf0hYL (1).jpg (47 KB, 325x500) Image search: [Google]
51P98Bf0hYL (1).jpg
47 KB, 325x500
What the fuck is this unreadable bullshit? You tricked me into reading some dude babble incoherently, as if this was some really deep shit.
>>
>>7831647
>were
>>
>>7831647

no one claimed that it was "really deep shit".
Although it still is a really good piece of literature which normie high school scum like you will be unable to appreciate.
>>
>>7831661
yeah well people like the book and the book comes off as pretentious. No one would sit down and write about what's going on inside their head unless they're trying to be deep. Yeah, the guy himself said that he's not trying to impress you, but what he's saying is fucking incoherent. I got to chapter 3 after reading 2 extremely frustrating paragraph, and one meme worthy sentence that had like 2 semicolons, and I'm just wondering what I'm even supposed to "get"? Yeah, it's a mind fuck, I couldn't sleep last night I spent so much time trying to make a single lick of sense out of chapter 2, it wired me and I only slept for 4 hours. So yeah I'm fucking mad.
>>
>>7831669
I don't get why you're angry. I bet a book never had this much effect on you in your entire life. Welcome to reading bitch.
>>
>>7831669
Shouldn't have gotten the P&V translation, they're awful
>>
>>7831669
>comes off as pretentious
Of course it does, that's the fucking point. You're not supposed to agree with the guy. Jesus christ.
>>
>>7831647
>unreadable bullshit

oh boy

I bet you dont even finnegans wake
>>
File: cover.jpg (78 KB, 672x1008) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
78 KB, 672x1008
>>7831677
I honestly have no idea what translation I got. It came with this fucking generic cover and I can't find the publisher anywhere. I think I just did a random pdf google search to find this book.
>>7831676
I'm not having a trash talking competition, this is so stupid.
>>
File: 1443295532640.jpg (46 KB, 538x508) Image search: [Google]
1443295532640.jpg
46 KB, 538x508
>>7831661
we had this in our high school program along with "And Quiet Flows the Don" and "Doctor Zhivago"
>>
I SURE DO LOVE READING!!!!

Tell me this: why
does it happen that at the very, yes, at the very moments
when I am most capable of feeling every refinement of all
that is ‘sublime and beautiful,’ as they used to say at one
time, it would, as though of design, happen to me not only
to feel but to do such ugly things, such that ... Well, in short,
actions that all, perhaps, commit; but which, as though purposely,
occurred to me at the very time when I was most
conscious that they ought not to be committed.
>>
>>7831684
jesus christ did you find that for 50 cents, i hope you didn't spend more than $5 on it
at least it wasn't this cover
>>
File: Untitled.png (355 KB, 1200x5120) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
355 KB, 1200x5120
>>7831698
I get all my shit for free baby
>>
>>7831683
>falling for the FW meme
>>
>>7831669
>if a book is written in first person that MUST mean that the author agrees with him!
Nigga...
>>
>>7831735
agrees with who, himself? so you're admitting that the author doesn't agree with what he's saying and he's really not making any sense after all? gosh I never would have guessed.
>>
>>7831743
are you fuckin dumb
you know Notes from Underground isn't a diary, right?
its a fiction novel
>>
Try learning more about the things you choose to read, so you don't come here and bitch about being duped and feeling stupid or whatever.
>>
/r9k/ the book
>>
>>7831763
No that would be Eliot Rodger's manuscript. Notice the discernible difference in quality.
>>
>>7831775
Manuscript kek
*Manifesto
>>
>>7831743
You are reading the writings of a character. Written to give you insight into the character. In a book about a character. Where the part that most of us appreciate most is the character. baka mang
>>
>>7831701
>Georgies Battaile
>>
>>7831647

Take it slowly anon, its really good but you have to give it time.

It was difficult for me at first too, it gets easier though.
>>
>>7831647
>translations
>>
>>7831804
>Georgies Battaile
story of the eye is my shit dude
>>
File: group_of_bored_looking_starfish.png (244 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
group_of_bored_looking_starfish.png
244 KB, 500x375
I came here hoping for actual discussion of the novel
>tfw it's just people reacting to some dumb fuck trying to get a reaction

I really connected with Undergroundo, he felt like an alt version of me that made all the wrong decisions to an absurd level. I felt for the guy when he chased the whore off.

Also I like where he tried to explain how a certain level of intelligence doesn't allow revenge.
>>
seems like all of you dense niggers completely misunderstood the point of the novel.
>>
>>7831647
>he thinks notes from underground is supposed to be a legitimate author's tract and not actively intended to be the ramblings of an autist

you fucking retarded double nigger. The literal point of the book is that you're reading a ridiculously over-analyzed series of events in the day of a severely socially awkward individual who thinks he's a philosophical mastermind. That IS the book. The second half of the story is actively designed to make you cringe as much as possible. The fact that you think a first-person story means that the real author writing it is in tacit agreement with his character means you have no grasp of basic narrative framing devices.
>>
File: seductivevegetable1.jpg (69 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
seductivevegetable1.jpg
69 KB, 640x640
>>7831743
>if an author writes something in first person from the perspective of a character that means that the author is that character

wew lad
>>
>>7831974
I had no idea what I was reading. It was just in this bundle of books that I downloaded because people constantly recommend them to me. I went into it without knowing anything about it, so excuse me for thinking that it was actually the author who was writing this 2deep4you shit, it sounded a lot like a non fiction philosophy journal.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.