[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man, that was on weak and disappointing book 3. Still, I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
Man, that was on weak and disappointing book 3.

Still, I don't get the hate
Would recommend/10
>>
>>7831602

nothing happens : the 900 page book
>>
>>7831605
>a book is its plot alone

Ask me how I know you're American
>>
>>7831607

I'm not American though.

But have it your way, let's move aside from the (nonexistent) plot for a moment. Prose? Nothing to write home about. And don't get me started on the characters, Tengo the boring asshole and pederast and Aomame the feminist ninja, give me a break.

To put the icing on the cake, the last 300 pages are the two blandest characters in the history of fiction doing fuck all while waiting for each other in two apartments within walking fucking distance, while Gary Stu Ex Military Badass and Ultra Rich Old Lady solve all their problems for them.

I don't get the hype, it was bland and boring when not outright obnoxious.
>>
>>7831613
>pederast
>fuka-autist is 17

But yes, I opened saying book 3 was a letdown, you are just agreeing with me.
>>
>>7831616

It's not like the first two were masterpieces either.

I mean, why even introduce the parallel universe stuff if you're not doing anything meaningful with it? The whole thing could have taken place in one world without any difference whatsoever.

It was a stupid gimmick.
>>
File: 1q84 1st book amazon reviews.png (3 KB, 242x180) Image search: [Google]
1q84 1st book amazon reviews.png
3 KB, 242x180
Even the japs hate it.
Top 5 reviews are all 1 star.
>>
>>7831638
They just racis because he mentions western culture every 3 pages
>>
As if there's a better murakami book out there.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.