[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some other literary must-reads that are also page-turners?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
What are some other literary must-reads that are also page-turners? I really liked Tolstoy's character and world-building and found it extremely enjoyable to blow through (besides maybe a few pages on Russian farming).
>>
>>7829163
if you liked that one check out "Leo's Toy Store" by Warren Peace
>>
>>7829167
I do intend to read War and Peace but I've heard it's a different beast entirely than Anna Karenina.
>>
File: e.e.jpg (17 KB, 319x316) Image search: [Google]
e.e.jpg
17 KB, 319x316
Read whatever you find it's a "must-read", in /lit/ you'll find plenty, but the point is for you to enjoy. So don't get too obsessed with the must reads. Pick whatever you find interesting and read it
>>
File: no.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>7829330
>the point is for you to enjoy
>>
>>7829330
>plebs believe this
>>
Have you tried Dostoevsky, OP?
>>
File: autistic children play here.jpg (70 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
autistic children play here.jpg
70 KB, 640x480
>>7829354
>>7829357
What's your point
>>
I whizzed through every Philip K Dick I've read (Androids, 3 Stigmata and High Castle), I found them really enthralling.

>>7829330
This is actually an elitist board, please leave.
>>
>>7829388
>reading K. Dick
>Not reading Ubik
>>
>>7829409
I haven't gotten round to it, jesus christ
>>
>>7829163
>world-building
What

>>7829330
I don't know about you, but to me the must-reads/classics are usually extremely enjoyable.
>>
>>7829163
That's definitely a man's knee
>>
>>7829440
Indeed they are, but if someone is only reading the because they are "must-reads" and doesn't find joy in them, I don't see the point of keep on doing that.
Of course to get to that point, one has to have done a few reads.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.