[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/ newfag to lit here. I spend most of my time in /out/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: Isaac Asimov_1951_Foundation.jpg (103 KB, 800x1311) Image search: [Google]
Isaac Asimov_1951_Foundation.jpg
103 KB, 800x1311
Hey /lit/ newfag to lit here. I spend most of my time in /out/ and /k/. I don't know your customs. Anyway, I read Issac Asimov's Foundation. I was wondering: Is the rest of the series worth reading? What are some God tier science fiction novels? (Other than Dune, everyone always answers with Dune)
>>
File: 1456906880029.jpg (60 KB, 474x503) Image search: [Google]
1456906880029.jpg
60 KB, 474x503
You're going to get memed on by most of /lit/ for bringing up genre fiction. Figured I'd warn you.
We have a Sci Fi general, with recommendation images for both Sci Fi and fantasy. I suggest you head over there for future reference.
Personally, I'm a huge fan of Greg Egan's novels. Diaspora and Quarantine are heavy on the mathematics while also being an entertaining ride. Past that, I recommend Mike Brotherton's Star Dragon, The Last and First Men, the Perry Rhodan series, and Peter Watts' entire bibliography, the majority of which are free on his site.
Happy reading, amigo.
>>
Like >>7827840 said the sf/fantasy general is probably a good place to look.

Id also recommend Peter Watts books, you can read and download" Blindsight" here http://www.rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm completely free.
Its a book I really like and has an interesting way to deal with first contact.

If you want a more space opera like book you could look into ian banks books. They are mostly self contained but you might want to start with "player of games" or "consider phlebas"

Of course if you enjoyed foundation so far continuing seem like a good idea.
>>
>>7827833
the bible
>>
>>7827833
I just don't like Asimov.
>>
>>7827833
Gene Wolfe is the undisputed king of science fiction

Go read The Fifth Head of Cerberus.
>>
Thank you /lit/
>>
>>7828124
No, thank you, /lit/
>>
Ursula Le Guin - The Dispossessed
>>
If you liked the the first book of Foundation the other two in the original trilogy are solid as well. Never read the others.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.