[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your favorite book when you were a teen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: 6821273.jpg (89 KB, 317x475) Image search: [Google]
6821273.jpg
89 KB, 317x475
What was your favorite book when you were a teen?
>>
Ulysses
>>
>>7827016
The Cirque DU Freak novels were actually my favourites when I was 13.
>>
>>7827019
sigh i remember being 13
>>
tunnels of blood was the best one of the series
>>
>>7827016
I used to be obsessed with Darren Shan! I read all the Saga books in my native language, then basically thought myself English so I could read Demonata (which weren't translated). I've tried a couple of his books for adults but I didn't love them.
>>
File: dc.jpg (13 KB, 314x475) Image search: [Google]
dc.jpg
13 KB, 314x475
Tossup between this or a Canticle for Leibowitz. I remember just being heartbroken by both of them. I remember my brother reading a few Darren Shan books.
>>
File: and because it is my heart.png (68 KB, 324x262) Image search: [Google]
and because it is my heart.png
68 KB, 324x262
>>7827016
ahhhh i remember this, all of the weird boys at my school were obsessed with it

when that was happening i was in a nuclear holocaust phase so i was reading like, warday, on the beach, level 7. i didn't read any serials at that age except lotr
>>
>>7827016
Voynich Manuscript.
>>
That cover sucks. These were the patrician covers.

Did anyone else actually cry when Mr Creepsly died?
>>
>>7827706
Whoops
>>
>>7827016
that edition makes me want to die.

loved that series, though.
>>
Fantastic, read em all when I was 13.

My favourite was the one where they had the vampire games / trials and he almost died about twenty times

But what was up with that horrid children's movie they based on them?
>>
>>7827016
Ender's Game or the Dark Elf Trilogy, and Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. I fucking loved Drizzt and Caderly and spent every day dreaming up campaigns for PnP.
>>
when he almost killed his friend with the spider it freaked 8 year old me out so much
>>
>>7827706
fucking spoilers dude
>>
File: TheLakeofSouls.jpg (29 KB, 264x400) Image search: [Google]
TheLakeofSouls.jpg
29 KB, 264x400
This was my favorite. Kind of the "bottle episode" of the series, but I thought it was the most creative and interesting.

Unfortunately, as I learned not too long ago, the series doesn't hold up very well during rereads.
>>
Did anyone read the Sword Of Truth series. In hindsight they were fucking terrible but when I was 13/14 I was hooked.
>>
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
>>
Tolkien's whole Middle Earth stuff, by far.
I must've read the Silmarillion five times and LOTR at least four.
>>
File: lbitu.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
lbitu.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
Last Book in the Universe

A great piece of post apoc, where everyones drugged out and these gangs of nutters run loose.

Great shit. Ryter was great.
>>
>>7827016
The Edge Chronicles series. Was my first exposure to overtly dark kids lit as well
>>
>>7827016
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.