[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Manly P. Hall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: manly_hall.jpg (118 KB, 686x1024) Image search: [Google]
manly_hall.jpg
118 KB, 686x1024
The Secret Teachings of All Ages
thoughts and discussion
>>
OP: Iv owned this Encyclopedia for sometime now
I just started reading it from the very start(only read small segments) and was interested in /lit thought's of Manly's work

Iv made a thread in his/ but also thought lit/ might be more appropriate.
>>
He doesn't use any sources, meaning that there's no discernible difference between his Masonic babbling, and Ripley's Believe It or Not
>>
When I first started reading that was one of the first books on my list to purchase. That was a long time ago, and I'm glad I never bought it.
>>
What a coinky dink. Trying to at least get a grip on some occult theory rn after reading a buncha shit by Alan Moore on the topic and this was one of the first books I was led to.

I'm a little iffy about it being written way back when but it seems to me to be the most comprehensive. Can anyone tell if/where Hall messed up and if it ruins the whole thing?

While I'm at it, let's turn this into occult lit general. Also just picked up Frances Yates' histories and Eliphas Levi's Transcendental Magic and History of Magic. How are those?

And what book of Crowley's is on libgen/anywhere else where he's not being such an assgape and just explain wtf he's about?
>>
I personally find his lectures very insightful, and have looked into his work with a skeptical but open approach.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.