[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Thinking, analyzing, inventing...are not anaomalous acts;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: pinecone.jpg (13 KB, 267x178) Image search: [Google]
pinecone.jpg
13 KB, 267x178
"Thinking, analyzing, inventing...are not anaomalous acts; they are the normal respiration of the intelligence. To glorify the occasional performance of that function, to hoard ancient and alien thoughts, to recall with incredulous stupor that the doctor universalis thought, is to confess our laziness or our barbarity. Every man should be capable of all ideas and I understand that in the future this will be the case."

What did he mean by this?
>>
god i hope so
>>
>>7826111
But, seriously. What the fuck does he mean by this?
>>
>>7826022
but that's a quote from gabriel garcia marquez
>>
>>7826497
Pynchon said it.
>>
File: OUGp2.jpg (114 KB, 618x800) Image search: [Google]
OUGp2.jpg
114 KB, 618x800
>>7826022
>>
>>7826022
he means "thinking, analyzing, inventing" are natural byproducts of a man using his mind and to think of those activities as something novel is to be lazy or caveman-like, that "every man should be capable of all ideas" and he believes in the future all men will do so.
>>
>>7827663
What about the 'horde ancient alien thoughts' line?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.