[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good or just long?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: manwithoutqualities.jpg (46 KB, 307x476) Image search: [Google]
manwithoutqualities.jpg
46 KB, 307x476
Is it good or just long?
>>
I had to read several parts of it for a Modernism course I once took. It's good, but it gets tedious, especially when the professor wants to constantly reiterate the importance of every single sentence in the work and how it relates to the entity that is European Modernism.
>>
File: image_71.jpg (40 KB, 679x427) Image search: [Google]
image_71.jpg
40 KB, 679x427
>>7824477
>>
>>7824489
Forgot to add: I wouldn't read it unless you absolutely found some strong interest in it and what it entails.
>>
>>7824489
>Modernism course
good waste of money rithere
>>
>>7825339
oh. is lit back to pretending like modernism wasn't the pinnacle of western literature again?
>>
>>7824477
10/10
>>
>>7824493
Nobody cares if you read it or not you idiot
>>
only the first book is worth reading, just like Proust's
>>
>>7824492
>>7825497
I'm guessing that poster made a comparison between pic related and John Green.
>>
That's what she said.
>>
>>7825906
that post said "such coincidence, it's also what your mother asked me"
>>
it's bad and long
>>
>>7826589
in that order? I think I'm gonna try it out sometime anyways
>>
>>7825349
brekekekekekekk

youve got to be coaxing me
>>
>>7824469
Im 600 pages in at the moment and its hard work but the ideas its brought up so far in the last couple of weeks have added a couple of point in discussions i've had with a friend already so i'd say its very useful if conversationally if you often tend to get into cultural or metaphysical conversations. It requires my fulll attention though.
If it seems like its ideas could help you or you're interested in it go for it, its a hell of a book. But its not one to read just ti say you've read it so if you dont have a particular interest avoid it for the moment.

Also
>tfw critics estimate the full size and scope of the book would have been twice the size of the published work
>>
If I didn't care for young Torless should I just not even bother with this?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.