[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where to start w/ John Hawkes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
>>
>>7823805
I started with The Lime Twig, which is now--after The Tunnel, of course--my favorite novel. On a side note, I found and bought a first edition hardcover copy of Adventures in the Alaskan Skin Trade recently, but I haven't started it yet.
>>
>>7823840
Have you read Second Skin? If so was it good?
>>
>>7823870
Not yet, though I do plan on making my way through all of Hawkes' works. If you want better answers, you'll have to summon he who has read more of Hawkes than anyone else on this board--Hawkesposter. I recommend a sacrificial offering.
>>
>>7823882
Sacrificing thou who makes googling difficult
>>
>>7824110
More--MORE! Hawkesposter requires more souls.
>>
>>7823840
I finished The Lime Twig recently and I liked what it did to me. Where to go next (with Hawkes or otherwise)?
>>
>>7824814
You're pretty much free to go anywhere. A lot of people think The Beetle Leg is his best, while John Barth thinks it's Second Skin. I recommend just picking up whichever one you think sounds interesting.
>>
>>7825473
Thanks. Does Hawkes have a short story collection you would recommend? I was thinking how some of the chapters in The Lime Twig could work just as well as short stories, and pretty fucking stellar ones too!
>>
>>7825660
Not that I know of, but he does have a collection of poems, which I intend to get very soon.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.