[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hallå, lit I'm looking for a word, can you help? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: HMS_Dreadnought_1906_H61017.jpg (85 KB, 740x558) Image search: [Google]
HMS_Dreadnought_1906_H61017.jpg
85 KB, 740x558
Hallå, lit

I'm looking for a word, can you help?

I'm trying to write something along the lines of:
The Haldane Mission resulted in France & Russia making Britain commit to it's role as Naval hegemon in the North Sea.

Is there a word to better describe France and Russia's actions unto Britain?

It's not quite being 'placed' as " "

It is more of a confirmation of the position; as if Britain previously fulfilled this role in an unofficial capacity but it was now recognised as a necessary role.

Would 'consigned' fit in the context?
>>
idk
>>
>>7823339
Thanks for the bump at least?
>>
File: paul dubs.jpg (128 KB, 1600x990) Image search: [Google]
paul dubs.jpg
128 KB, 1600x990
>>7823344
nice dubs
>>
>>7823364
I'm beginning to fear /lit/ isn't as helpful as I was hoping it would be.
>>
>>7823332
Compelling Britain to commit?
>>
>>7823332
its not it's, naval isn't capitalized, never use ampersands when writing formally

what's wrong with "confirming Britain as the naval hegemon of the North Sea"
>>
reassert
>>
File: whFopU7.jpg (531 KB, 1840x3264) Image search: [Google]
whFopU7.jpg
531 KB, 1840x3264
>>7823390
Thank you x

I won't use ampersands in the final piece.
I mess up my 'it's' and 'its' quite frequently unfortunately. English isn't my first language and I'm still at a stage where my tutor needs to highlight most of my errors.
Not sure what I was thinking with 'Naval' there though, with nothing else to blame, I will attribute that to the late hour.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.