[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >decides to show my writing to friends >they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1456012458388.jpg (3 MB, 2427x3480) Image search: [Google]
1456012458388.jpg
3 MB, 2427x3480
>be me
>decides to show my writing to friends
>they say it's shit
>I've been feeling sick and anxious for 3 days now

Does it get better with experience or will I suffer every time I try to show people my writing?
>>
my personal experience is that they'll give you shit just because you're trying and showing passion. usually, they don't even read it and make fun of you for being dedicated and serious about something.
further proof: ive been on both sides of the situation and that the exact reason why I made fun of them
>>
>>7823285
May I see it?
>>
do your friends know shit about lit?
>>
>>7823378
If you can read portuguese.

>>7823381
No but neither me, I'm just starting and trying to learn in the process.

Also I get shit showing mostly of my ideas but I don't care because I'm used to it. Showing my writing is different since I spend a lot of time producing a text.
>>
>>7823399
You just started. Come back in three years.
>>
>>7823378

One of my short histories is about a 13 yo girl and her mother trying to turn her into a model during the 90's. I really enjoyed writing this one because I needed to learn how to search what I was looking for then spent a lot of time searching it (historical facts, industry facts) to make it more believable. I intentionally set it in the 90's so I could waste a lot of time trying to retrieve as many memories I could to use somehow in my narrative.

I'm having a hard time setting another one in the 30's or 60's because I don't know how to make it feel like the time even for people who actually lived these times.
Another trouble is trying to interview people. Since I'm just some random guy they always think I'm trying to make a fool of them, scamming or sexually interested in them and end not cooperating.
>>
>>7823285
Be thankful that they respect you enough to tell you the truth.
>>
>>7823424
I started 3 or 4 years ago but did little progress because I spent unnecessary time detailing things instead of just writing.
>>
>>7823285
You could write a novel about a novelist who values the opinions of those around him more than himself. It'd be revolutionary.
>>
>>7823285
This is exactly why I don't show anyone I know my work.
>>
>>7823399
Don't fear failure. It doesn't matter, none of this matters. Free yourself of fear.
>>
>>7823475
Yes, better you face the truth now and improve, rather than let your mediocrity compound and ruin your reputation before it starts.
>>
>>7823285

Someone bedazzled a skull with gems?

Oh, for the love of God.
>>
Post that shit on the spanish crotique thread, someane will manage to read it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.