[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Asian authors that /lit/ recommends? Specifically Eastern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-03-17-10-43-23.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-17-10-43-23.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
Any Asian authors that /lit/ recommends?

Specifically Eastern Philosophy or WWII
>>
>>7822359
I recommend Masashi Kishimoto. He is a master of storytelling and everything he writes holds a tremendous amount of merit behind it.
>>
>>7822359
I think there's a whole section in the wiki on this desu

Also I'd just like to take a moment and praise /lit/ for having the best wiki on this site
>>
Kakamatato Miamano
>>
Go to bed Tao Lin.
>>
Lu Xun is the only literary nigga from china i fux wit
>>
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>7822359
Kindhearted Bee is pretty goat tier at writing Genre fiction. Martial god Asura had it's first hundred chapters translated into English.
>>
>>7822542
Came here to ask this. Who is he? Reminds me of that tc qt Danny <3
>>
>>7823978
go to bed danny
>>
>>7823981
Go to bed yale. ;P
>>
>>7823986
wanna go to bed together ;)
>>
>>7824011
danny and yale are the best couple on lit.
>>
>>7824017
Ceit and Lapin are ever since they started dating
>>
>>7824030
Oh god. I hope this is trolling. That group went downhill since burnt and fatherdubs stopped showing up.
>>
>>7824044
fatherdubs was like the only chill dude on the chat, but i don't go to the chat anymore anyways, there was always some awful drunk irishman ruining it for everyone
>>
>>7824054
aww shit who invited James Joyce? Who are you on there? You seem pretty cool and I would sooner talk to you than those crazy cuckoos.
>>
>>7824044
Because people consider it a "group" to begin with. It should have just been a faster paced lit with more anonyminity
>>
>>7824064
Well it turned into a bit of /soc/ rather quickly so things got off on a shaky start early on from what I remember.
>>
>>7824030
How very Chad and Stacy of them.
>>
>>7822359
I wanna suck those nips red.
>>
>>7824044
you mean uphill lol. dubs was chill but burnt was legit some random attention whore. she literally doesn't even read so why was she on 4chanlit chat lmao

>>7824064
>>7824066

this
>>
>>7824389
read more than tc's very own chad and stacy which I don't miss in the slightest.

I don't see how on earth you could say it's went "uphill" between dubs, burnt, and grisha there were often regular readings of literature. Now they just get music and random videos playing while they engage in ego boosting.
>>
these sure are some sad people
>>
>>7825052
grisha was awful too lol. pseudo intellectual neckbeard who thinks he read some wikipedia philosophy it qualifies him to have ~intelligent~ discussions. perfect fit for >>>/his/

i mean maybe uphill is the wrong word but i have no idea why you think watching some broad attention whore with how to count in japanese and high school biology lessons is literary.

tc was a shitshow from the start.
>>
>>7822359
for ww2

Fires on the Plain by Shohei Ooka.

Also consider Hiroshima Notes by Oe. I prefer other books by him though...and although not exactly about ww2 some can be analogous to some aspects of the war.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.