[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never read any work of Albert Camus so I've decided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 9780679420262.jpg (43 KB, 276x450) Image search: [Google]
9780679420262.jpg
43 KB, 276x450
I've never read any work of Albert Camus so I've decided to buy pic related translated by Matthew Ward. What am I in for?
>>
a practical example of an 'absurd man'
an extremely simple and barebones book that probably wont mean anything unless you read some explanation of it
>>
>>7822225
graduating high school
>>
Just fucking read it
>>
Despite whatever /lit/ says, I liked it. It's probably the best place to start with Camus
>>
>>7822473
kreak
>>
Fucking yes. Read it and analysis
>>
>>7822492
>>7822225
It's my personal belief that you should start with the Myth of Sisyphus in order to understand 'the absurd man' it will make more sense and I think you will think of the protagonist more than as a whiny amoral cunt.

Take Sisyphus slow and really understand it then plunge into Camus (I wish I could) and you'll glean far more than just reading the Stranger.

Have fun and don't forget to look up words you don't know! You aren't stupid, you just have a stronger vocabulary to build.
>>
File: freud-in-30s-audio-and-video.jpg (1 MB, 2957x2153) Image search: [Google]
freud-in-30s-audio-and-video.jpg
1 MB, 2957x2153
>>7824082
>plunge into Camus (I wish I could)

Very interesting. Do go on.
>>
>>7824136
As much as I do dearly love your mother, I do also enjoy a bit of male lust
>>
im reading the fall, im in love
>>
Did anyone else had trouble reading/understanding certain parts of The Myth of Sisyphus or am I just retarded?
>>
>>7822225
Very simple stuff. Read it, enjoy, think about it. If it went over your head, read some analysis (along with much introspection).
Then read it in French you translating fag.
>>
>>7822225
can you fucking redditors stop making threads like this? obviously it's a good book. There are 1000 threads about it in the archive. It is "/lit/core" whatever the fuck that means. Read it or don't read, just stop shitting up the board with pointless threads
>>
>>7824702
Fuck off retard.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.